THIRTY ONE

"Never get enough
She's the sweetest drug
Think of it every second
I can't get nothing done"
__________________________

GABRIELA

Two weeks a couple days passed since the trip and everything was calm and normal despite having to be watched by Gabriel's security guards at all times. They went everywhere I went, constantly making me feel paranoid, I hated being watched at the time. I know he's trying to protect me but I wanted to be alone for once when I go out without having to look over my shoulder.

I got out the car seeing Marvin taking some bags of clothes that I bought and I thanked him for helping. I picked up the one bag with a new purse and looked up hearing a car pull up to the gate. I placed the bag back in the trunk and the same officer from the hospital came out the car.

"Ma'am?" I crossed my arms not in the mood, I was tired and wanted to eat something. I walked around the car and stood in front of the closed gate.

"Sorry for bothering you, but I was hoping you can answer a few questions for me" He asked and I stayed silent until he looked at me seriously.

"What for?" He brought out a notepad and pen.

"An investigation on Gabriel King, I'm sure you're very familiar with the name since you do live in his home. He's a lead in a murder case for my partner, the one who came with me to visit you. Do you remember?" My heart started pounding and I just stared at him. He seemed to be uncomfortable and cleared his throat.

"Where were you on the morning of March 17th?" The officer looked down at the notepad before looking at me.

"I was here" I moved my hair to behind my back.

"And so was Gabriel?"

"He was at work, call his assistant" I smiled innocently trying to hide the slight attitude.

"I will be calling. You were here, alone for the whole day?"

"No I picked up his kids from their school at two and came back here, so no I wasn't" He hummed in response.

"What time does Gabriel usually get to the house?"

"At around eleven"

"What does he do? He must spend lots of time at work, right? Do you know what?"

"You can ask him yourself" I turned around but my arm was grabbed and I was yanked back into the gate.

"Before you go take this and read it before you go lying for someone who might do this to you one day" I snatched my arm from his grip and snatched the yellow folder from him.

-

"Hey are you still coming for lunch?" I place the Buffalo Wild Wings box on the coffee table and I sat down on the floor putting the phone on speaker.

"Is that why you called me? Missed me that much?" I could hear the smugness from his voice.

"I do... and I'm alone that's why" I picked up a french fry and dipped it in the ketchup, I looked down at the phone contemplating whether or not I should tell him about what happened today.