TWELVE

"Maybe I'm naive (naive), maybe I'm too nice (too nice)"
__________________________

GABRIEL

"Daddy... you said that you would watch the movie with me?" I could hear Ava whining from the living room. I sighed running my hand through my hair, grabbing the cup of coffee, and computer taking it with me. I walked in seeing Ava laying down on the floor on her stomach, her dolls laid out on the floor and I sat down on the sofa behind her. I drank some coffee before I placed it down on the coffee table in front of me.

"Yay... Aubrey said no but Gaby said she'll watch it with me but she left yesterday" Ava smiles cheekily and my smile slowly dropped at the mention of Gabriela. She hasn't texted me since she left and I'm getting worried... I shouldn't even be worried but I just want her to text me that she's fine or something at least.

"I'm sorry princess, I need to finish some work but you can play the movie and I'll still watch it" I turned on my computer and answered emails. Also checking the stocks of my companies.

"I miss Ms.Gaby" She muttered before starting the movie. I picked up my phone for the hundredth time today waiting for a text message. Of course I had people following Gabriela, just to make sure she was good. I didn't tell her that she was being followed because I knew how she would react but this was for her safety.

"Ava did you finish your homework?" I looked down at the floor and the little girl sighed pausing the movie then turning to me.

"Yeah, I did with Jayden" I nodded my head and decided that the work could be done later. I grabbed Ava from her waist and brought her up on the sofa, placing her down next to me. She smiled wrapping her arms around my shoulder hugging me.

"I love you Daddy" Ava said kissing my cheek and I kissed the top of her head seeing the princess barbie movie playing again.

"I love you too princess" Ava moved away from me quickly grabbing one of the barbies on the floor and showed me that it was the same one from the movie.

"I'll be right back Ava" I said seeing her not paying attention, too busy twirling around when her favorite song came on.

I stood up grabbing my phone and my thumb hovered over the call button. I decided against calling Gabriela and went inside the living room playing princess with my daughter.

GABRIELA

I walked inside Victoria Secret, looking for some new underwear sets. I've been home all day yesterday when I got to the apartment and it was empty since Jennie was working an overnight shift.

Jennie had to work today again and I was so bored, lonely actually. So I decided to get ready and got out and spend some money on winter and spring clothes

I looked down at my phone seeing the text messages from Aubrey and Jayden from the group chat they created. I laughed while reading the messages seeing their father hasn't left the house for work and it was weird for them but they enjoyed that he was home.

I grabbed the small shopping bag and looked back feeling the hairs on my back standing up. I breathed heavily ignoring my paranoia about what Gabriel said, that I needed to be protected. I picked up a silky wine red lingerie and grabbed a matching bra and pantie set. I picked up different underwear's and bras and many and went to the register getting a free blanket since I spent over a hundred.