FIFTY SEVEN

"You know I got so much to say
I try to hide it in my face
And it don't work, you see through"
_________________________

GABRIELA

It's only been a day since I found the box and of course the memory was still fresh in my mind. I placed the cup of juice on the floor, I was tired and lazy to get up and do things but the kids have been keeping me company by staying with me in the living room. Aubrey was on her computer, Ava watching tv, and Jayden was playing on his phone while laying down on my lap.

I'm so excited to give birth and the twins are lucky to have three older siblings who are amazing as well. Even though my due date is in a few weeks it made me nervous knowing that I was going to give birth soon, the closer my date is the more nervous I get.

I was playing around with Jayden's hair, he has the same texture type as Gabriel's but his was a bit rougher with tighter curls. When I pulled his hair accidentally from trying to braid it he moaned inappropriately and I look down in shock, I smacked him when Ava looked away from the tv looking at us.

"What's wrong with you, don't do that!" Jayden laughed loudly and he sat up putting his head on my shoulder instead.

"Oh come on as your new best friend we can act like this" I glanced at him just staying quiet. What was this little boy on about this time...

"Who made you my best friend all of a sudden?" Jayden sighed, pausing his game. He looked up at me and gave me a look like I should know already.

"Me... I'm the one who made myself your best friend. Clearly you talk to me more than Jennie and my dad but that doesn't count as your best friend-" I opened my mouth to say something.

"Nope, you're not going to deny it" He said sassily cutting me off and layed back down on my shoulder resuming his game. I rolled my eyes and purposely pulling his hair once more earning a groan and he massaged his head.

"Jennie will always be my best friend Jayden, don't get it twisted" I heard the front door open, hearing Jennie's voice.

"I'm back from work!... y'all better get your little asses in here and give me a hug" I heard my best friend say and I stayed sitting down seeing Ava running out the living room happily.

"Wow Gaby you didn't even come give me a hug" Jennie smacked my head and I looked back.

"Sorry I'm tired... I've been too lazy to move"

"I'm kidding, I know you want to give birth already" I agreed nodding my head and Jennie sat down on the opposite side of me and she laid her head against my shoulder as well.

"What's he doing?" Jennie asked looking over at Jayden and he put his head up.

"Hanging out with my best friend duh" We both bursted out in laughter leaving Jayden confused.

"You're so funny Jayden, truly" Jennie wiped her tears and I sighed feeling like I had to pee from laughing and I stood up excusing myself.

-

"You seem like you've been thinking a lot lately... wanna tell me what's on your mind" Gabriel said sitting on the bed and he brought me into his arms making me sigh.

"Nothing just thinking about how things are going to change once the twins come and how scary it's going to be. We have the nursery ready... I just can't believe it's really happening... I'm going to be a mother" I traced the black lines on his spider tattoo that was on his hand.

"Yeah... everything is going by fast lately but I think once the twins come nothing will really change other than having two babies" He laughed.

"Gabriela... did you happen to touch the small red box in my drawer?" He said catching me off guard and I sat up looking into his eyes, slowly nodding my head feeling guilty. Gabriel gets up quietly and goes into the drawer, taking out the small box himself.