FOURTEEN

"I had my back against the ropes
I had to protect myself"
__________________________

GABRIELA

"Gabriela are you home?" I shushed him and climbed off the bed while pulling down the dress down to my thighs. I opened the door taking in a deep breath, I look back seeing Gabriel going inside the bathroom while holding in his laugh.

"Sorry I was in the bathroom " I walked out the room and she nodded her head smiling.

"I brought Alex with me... we're going to head to his place for a bit since I have a couple of days off.. do you want to co- wait why are you dressed up?" I laughed and she crossed her arms waiting for me to speak up.

"I'm going on a date with someone..." Jennie squealed exited and I laughed nervously hoping she wouldn't go inside my room.

"Wait what happened to you and Gabriel?" She said and I bit my lip, wanting to smack because I knew for sure he was listening.

"I haven't talked to him yet..." I walked towards her moving Jennie away from my room slightly. I looked behind her when the front door opens and Alex walks in.

"It started to fucking snow so we should start getting ready to leave.." I waved at Alex and he waved back at me then grabbed Jennie's hand.

"I thought I saw my brother's car in the garage but some guy came out it... I need to sleep" I overheard Alex as they walked to her bedroom, he must have saw Robert at least he didn't recognize him. I leaned against the couch waiting for them to come out her room and a couple minutes later they did with a huge duffel bag.

"I'm going back to Gabriel's house tomorrow, you should come over" I pulled my best friend in a hug and she kissed my cheek.

"I'll come over... I'll see you tomorrow then babe, I love you" I walked them out the apartment and locked the door, feeling a wave of relief hit me. I turn around seeing Gabriel coming out my room looking amused but slight annoyed.

"So you talk about me?" He smiled and I rolled my eyes, sighing deeply.

"I'm getting my jacket" I walked towards my room, going inside my closet grabbing my jacket from the closet. I placed it on watching him stand in front of the door way blocking me from leaving the room.

"Why couldn't you tell her that you were going on a date with me?" He looked at me and I sighed removing my hair from the inside of the jacket.

"She would have freaked the fuck out if she found out... it wasn't the time to tell her"

"Why? Because I'm your boss?" He asked and I looked up into his eyes seeing that he was being serious. I couldn't understand why he wanted me to tell her... I thought Gabriel would understand.

"Can we just go..." I said obviously over this conversation, If I would have told Jennie she would have mentioned the shit I've talked about him.

-

The car ride was quiet and weird. I wanted to know why he came see me even if it was for a quick second it doesn't make sense. He came here from work to take me on a date? It was weird...it felt good but at the same time it was weird because why?

I glanced at Gabriel who was serious, as he drove with one hand on the steering wheel and another on the console resting it. I opened my mouth to say something but decided against it and instead I looked away staying silent. Watching the building grow taller as we drove into the rich parts of downtown Manhattan.

-

I look out the window seeing the fancy restaurant beside us. Gabriel parks the car right in the front and the loud ringtone interrupts what he's about to say. I quickly get out the car, hearing Gabriel switching between several languages. I stood on the sidewalk waiting for Gabriel who was standing by the trunk. I sighed picking off the dead skin of my lip with my teeth and I look ahead of me seeing a certain blonde with the same guy from the school dance.