FORTY EIGHT

"Used to cry 'bout some crazy shit before
I used to feel so obligated to be so much more"
__________________________

GABRIELA

"Is he in the house?" I look at Gabriel and he doesn't say a word. We have decided to stay in the hotel for one more day, so I could have time. I wanted to stay for another night but Gabriel convinced me otherwise.

"Great" I took his silence as a yes and I rolled my eyes while getting out the car. I headed up the stairs to the house and unlocked the door hearing his my brother's voice in the living room, I quickly walked past the room and went upstairs to our room. I hear footsteps follow behind me and he wraps his hand around my waist pulling me against his chest.

"I still can't believe you let him stay over" I said not looking back at him but feeling his heartbeat against my back.

"We talked on the phone and he told me he's been looking for an apartment for a while and I offered him to stay here while he looks for it... also the kids have been getting closer with him, they already started calling him uncle... since finding out"

"I don't want my brother near anyone especially the kids, once they get attached to him or used to him being around what's going to happen when he disappears again... how can you trust him so easily Gabriel?

"Baby, your brother seems like a nice guy... and I'm sorry for what he did to you but maybe your brother changed for the better. He wants to be in your life,  I think you should give him a chance... at least speak to him" I walked away ignoring him going inside the bathroom, locking the door behind me I turn on the shower to it's hottest. I stripped out of my clothes and got in the shower drenching my hair in the water as well.

-

"Are you hungry?" Gabe asked sitting down beside me, I closed the book and I turned my head to the side seeing him holding a bag from Chick-fil-a. He knew I've been craving it but I wasn't gonna fall into his temptation.

"No I don't really want Chick-fil-a... I'll order Subway" He nodded his head and chuckled sitting down next to me opening the bag and I open the book up again.

"Have you thought of any names?" Gabriel asks moving closer to me trying to start a conversation. I just glanced at him and sighed deeply.

"I was thinking of Lorenzo, Enzo for short... and Luca" I answered quickly then looking back at book trying to finish the page but I've re-read it two times.

"I like those names, I see you've been looking up Italian names. One of my uncle's name is Lorenzo so I don't think you would want that one" He said and I nodded my head and felt him staring at me for a few minutes.

"Odio questa fottuta spalla fredda che mi dai" Gabriel muttered getting off the bed and I felt the small smile grow on my lips when he slams the door behind him. I closed the book bored and grabbed my phone from the nightstand and ordered myself Wingstop instead. I struggled getting off the bed when I felt a sharp pain hit my lower back. I held in the moan and walked out the room going downstairs into the kitchen.

(I hate this fucking cold shoulder your giving me)

"Mommy?" I hear Ava say behind me. I jump up seeing her holding a monster high doll.

"Yes?" I say and she doesn't say anything but grabs my hand and leads me back upstairs into her room where her monster high dolls were all over the floor including the doll house that was in front of the bed.

"Can you play with me? Aubrey said she would but she hasn't come out of her room" She asked and I nodded my head and with the help of her bed I slowly sat on the floor still feeling the pain.