TWENTY FOUR

"A little too reckless
Now all my emotions
Are all cause of you"
__________________________

GABRIELA

"You need to take it easy and relax Aubrey, you can't do much with a sprained wrist" I said as she attempted to use her injured wrist to help her off the bed.

"Yeah I know, I can't even lie down on my hand... I'm tired of being in bed all day Gaby" She pouts and I back off knowing how she's feeling because I was the same not to long ago.

"I'm not cooking dinner tonight until your father and I go grocery shopping but is McDonald's fine for tonight?" Aubrey nodded her head getting up and she went into her bathroom. I leave the room, taking out my phone from my pocket and ordered everyone's favorites from Uber Eats. I open the door to Gabriel's room seeing him sitting outside on the small balcony with his computer and phone.

"Gabriel" I called his name and he looked back at me smiling. I smiled walking outside into the slight cold breeze, I sat down on the empty balcony chair beside him and looked at him. We didn't talk about our small argument last night. We just ignored it completely... which was weird because I didn't like how he handled Ariel.

"How's Aubrey doing?" He asked closing his computer and opening his phone.

"She's doing good, just doesn't want to stay in bed all day" I smiled looking ahead at the large backyard.

"I'm looking for a new house, too many people know about this place... I want the kids to be protected and I can't do it here" I nodded my head seeing him scroll through the hundreds amount of houses.

"Can I help?" I looked over at Gabriel and he reached over grabbing the arm rest of the chair and dragged me next to him.

-

After an hour of looking through different houses we've narrowed it down to another mansion in a more secluded neighborhood that was an hour away from here, we would be farther from his family but his mother understood why he wanted to move so she said she would look for something closer as well since she loved being near her kids and grandkids.

"The food is here!" I yell from downstairs looking through the giant McDonalds bags making sure that we got everything.

"I'm telling the kids that were moving" Gabriel whispered in my ear making me jump. I nodded my head and he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer, while placing his chin on my shoulder.

"Gabriel... the kids could come downstairs any minute" He spun me around so I was facing him and placed his lips on mine softly, I ran my hands up his arm stopping at his shoulders.

"They will in a few minutes" He muttered sliding his hands down into my shorts.

"No Gabe" I stopped his hand and he pulled away smiling. I heard the doors open upstairs and Gabriel walked away smiling. I sighed fixing myself and taking out the food from the bags.

"Hell yeah" Jayden came beside me and sat down, followed by everyone else and they sat in their designated spots. I sat next to Ava meanwhile Gabriel sat at the head of the table. I looked up making eye contact with Gabriel then with Jayden watching the corner of his lips go up. Jayden looked between us and made a gesture suggesting I was going to give his dad head. I kicked him underneath the table making Gabriel look in that direction who groaned.

"You know some bad things have been happening lately because of your mother" I glanced over at Ava who didn't seem to care about the conversation and was focusing on the odd shaped chicken nugget.