THIRTY NINE

"I love how you touch
How you feel, how you breathe
Baby, how you do it so good?
How you twist with your hips got the room so small, baby"
__________________________

GABRIELA

"I'm so nervous" I held Gabe's hand and he kept bouncing his leg. I moved my hand and placed it on his thigh, keeping his leg from moving.

"I don't get how you're more nervous than me..." I laughed and he rolls his eyes. Obviously I was so fucking nervous too, ever since I found out that I was pregnant. I've been paranoid every single day.

"This is your first time pregnant and this is how you act" He laces our hands together and I look up at him nodding my head innocently.

"I'm choosing to hide my nervousness" I said hearing someone walk in. I look away from Gabriel and see a nurse standing by the receptionist with a clipboard. I watched her intensely as she flips through pages and looks around the small waiting room. It was four pregnant woman, including me.

"Martinez?" She calls, Gabriel quickly gets up and practically drags me to the examine room which made me laugh.

"You're really eager..." I said getting on the exam bed. I lifted up my shirt revealing the small bump that was more noticeable since I was twelve weeks. I ran my hand down my warm belly and looked over at Gabriel who was watching but his eyes were focused on my stomach.

"I can't wait" I rolled my eyes.

"You say it like I'm having multiple babies..." I said looking around and he hummed in response. A few minutes later the door opens and walks in our Doctor Caitlin.

"Hi Gaby it's nice to see you again. Wow the weeks go back fast... and you're showing more, that's very exciting" Caitlin squealed and I smiled laying down on the bed. She squirted the jelly on my stomach and I hissed from the cold as she spread it all around my stomach trying to get a better image of the baby.

"Well.." Caitlin began to speak and I looked back and forth between Gabriel and the doctor. Gabriel stood up and stood next to me looking over at the ultrasound machine but I couldn't see it.

"Cait please tell me, I don't like surprises" I begged and she laughed moving the screen towards me showing the two plum sized baby on the screen.

"What the fuck?" I felt my heart beating out my chest

"Twins?" I asked sitting up and looking at the screen once again seeing the two babies. I looked again making sure I wasn't seeing it wrong and no I wasn't.

"Gabriela this is your first time pregnant right?" She asks and I nod my head still confused.

"Do any of you happen to have twins in the family?" Caitlin looks between the two of us and I look over at Gabriel knowing that I don't have any.

"I don't have any twins in my family either" The doctor hummed in response nodding her head.

"If none of us have the gene how come she's carrying twins?" My heart dropped when he said twins and I made eye contact with him.

"The gene can run in your family, it can be stronger in a few generation in this case yours" She shows me the clearer black and white photo of the two babies.

"Congratulations! you guys are having twins" She said excitedly and I look around nervously feeling my chest get heavier.

"I'll give you two some time and I'll be back" She left the room once it fell silent and I sat up cleaning my stomach. I pulled down my shirt and it was still quiet.