THIRTY EIGHT

"Don't stop your lovin', it's all I have
'Cause I can't function, no I won't last"
__________________________

GABRIELA

"Sorry we're late" I felt embarrassed since we had sex three times in the car. I walked towards the table where his parents were and sat down in front of his mother meanwhile Gabriel sat down in front of his dad.

"It's alright, we're glad you still made it" I took off my leather jacket, placing it on the seat behind me. I looked up making eye contact with his father who was already giving me a look. I looked away when Gabriel's mother grabbed my hands and smiled happily.

"I noticed your belly and you look very beautiful, I can't wait to meet my grandbaby" Valentina gushed happily and I smiled feeling the same excitement.

"Me too... well my son or daughter" I chuckled nervously looking between the three of them.

"How are the kids doing? I haven't seen them in a while?" She asked while still looking at me.

"They're doing good and Ava wants to see you, she asked for you mama" Gabriel answered.

"Aww she needs to call me... I miss her" Valentina talked with Gabriel as I looked through the menu. I listened to Gabriel and his mother as they talked about the kids. The waiter came breaking up their conversation and took our orders then left.

"Puoi almeno sembrare un po 'più eccitato di vedermi?" Gabriel's father said looking at him and Gabriel just stared at his father then looked back at his mother.

(Can you at least look a bit more excited to see me?)

"Perché dovrei voler essere eccitato per I'uomo che ha rovinato I'infanzia?" I looked between both the intimidating men as they stared each other down.

(Why would I want to be excited for the man who ruined my childhood?)

"Spero che tu non sia ancora arrabbiato per questo, andiamo figliolo, sono passati anni dall'incidente"

(I hope your still not mad about that, come on son it's been years since the incident)

"Ma when are you hosting the party for the company?" Gabe asked completely ignoring his father and I sighed feeling Valentina's eyes on me. His mother looked sad for a bit but quickly lit up at the mention of the party.

"Ahh yes we have to hire some designers and hopefully by the end of next month I'll have the date" 

"That's good"

"Wow ho capito, è perché la tua ragazza è qui, ecco perché sei uno stronzo" Valentina looked sad by what Mateo said and she elbowed him roughly.

(Wow I get it, it's because your girlfriend is here that's why you're being an asshole)

"Puoi già chiudere quella cazzo di bocca?" Valentina said as Gabriel started to laugh and I leaned back into the comfortable velvet chair just watching.

(Can you shut the fuck up already?)

"Of course you side with him" Mateo retorted and I felt Gabriel's hand on my thigh, I looked down lacing my hands with his watching him get calmer.