NINE

"But you'll never be alone I'll be with you from dusk till dawn"
__________________________

GABRIEL

"What the fuck happened?" I kick open the front door and Gabriela's best friend came running from the living room and gasped when she noticed Gaby in my arms. But I continued to walk until she opened her mouth stopping me.

"Did you do something?" I turned around with the unconscious woman in my arms.

"You think I would do something to the her?... cazzo" I raised my voice slightly and Jennie just stared at me.

(fuck)

"I mean it wouldn't be the first time you've done something to her" She crosses her arms and I sigh already annoyed.

"I know you're Gabriela's friend-"

"Best friend" The woman interrupted me and I lifted up Gabriela seeing her head in a uncomfortable position.

"I never really asked what you are to her... you really wanna know what fucking happened? Your best friend could have gotten raped tonight because of me... so don't fucking annoy me" I started walking upstairs hearing Jennie gasp.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get angry at you..." I heard Jennie say behind me and I continued walking upstairs, I walked down the dark hallway looking down at Gabriela. The beauty mark on her lip and another one on her right cheek, she had long eyelashes. I opened her room door placing Gabriela down on her bed, hearing Jennie trail behind me.

"You should stay with her for the meantime. Goodnight" I walked out the room feeling my heart sink. I don't know why I felt over protective over her. I shouldn't be feeling like this for my kids nanny but Gaby was nice and caring, beautiful... Yes I was rude to Gabriela many times but those times I was married, She's young and needs someone who's not in the mafia where her life could be danger.

GABRIELA

"Gabriela we're leaving now!" I heard my mom call for me. I threw in some last minute clothes that were washed yesterday into my suitcase not caring about folding them. I ran out of my room and placed my maleta on the floor by the front door. I opened the small closet beside the door and grabbed my sweater since it was cold in the airport.

"Why do we have to go to Dominican Republic right now?. It's summer meaning I get to go out with my friends but you're forcing me to hang out with family that I don't even talk too" I say and mom glares at me as she wraps some food in duct tape.

"Yes, you are going to DR because you haven't seen the rest of your family for two years... you can hangout with your friends when you get back"

"Ay dios ma" I turned around fixing my hair in the mirror and groaned when a bag was thrown at me. I looked down seeing the bag filled with clothes that didn't fit me anymore. Of course...

"Help papá and your brother" My mom says handing me more things and I go outside passing it to my brother Dalvin.

"Get in sis" He said pushing me in the car and I slap his hand away from me. I climb inside the car and my brother closes the door behind me.

"Ma how come Dalvin isn't coming?" I say as she gets in the car.

"Your brother visits once in a while and he calls. You don't do anything Gabriela so don't annoy me" She claps back and I lean back into the seat sulking. I was literally a teenager what was I supposed to do...