SEVEN

"Got these thoughts in my head
Ain't no way to forget
Got me losing my breath"
__________________________

GABRIELA

It's been a week since Ariel has "caught" us doing nothing. We were finally back in the regular, I got permission yesterday to come back to the house. I had to wear turtlenecks for the past week waiting for the hand print to disappear but it's almost gone now.

I had to wear turtlenecks for almost two weeks waiting for the bruise on my neck to disappear and it did thankfully.

Gabriel has tried to talk to me on several occasions but I was avoiding him. I thought that I was sending him a message to leave me alone. But one thing I learned is that Gabriel is very persistent man, he's been calling me every time he's free at work, texting me nonstop which led me to blocking him. I really wanted my focus to be on Ava since her birthday was in two days and I couldn't with Gabriel clouding my mind.

"Is daddy coming home soon?... does he know my birthday is in two days?" Ava said kicking her little legs excitedly.

"He does know. Your dad is just catching up on work so he won't have to work on your birthday" I help her out the car and watched as she walked over to her teacher, Ava turned around and waved goodbye.

The day after Gabriel chocked me to death he had told them about the divorce. Jayden and Aubrey were a bit sad but they understood. They knew something was going to happen because of the arguments and them being distant with each other.

Aubrey mentioned she was gonna miss her mom since she won't be around as much. Jayden on the other hand didn't really seem bothered by his mom moving out since they weren't as close as he is with his father which was a bit sad.

Ava's reaction was expected because she is younger, she didn't understand that parents split up sometimes. She was sad and stayed in her room all day. Yesterday Ava was really mad at her dad when he had to leave to Chicago for one of his club openings. I was also mad because I knew the kids needed him right now but I didn't have the balls to say it after what happened when I  spoke up to him.

The car stopped in front of the house and I ran inside of the house because of the cold, I closed the door to the house and looked around the lonely mansion. I went inside the living room and sat down, scrolling on my phone. It was quiet for a few minutes until I heard the familiar sounds of heels. The hairs on my back stood up and I turned my head slightly to the side seeing Ariel. I sat up on the sofa watching her placing a box on the floor while giving me a disgusted look.

"How cute? Came to babysit me too... no need to little girl I'm just here to take my shit" She said in a cold tone.

"You really want to insult me? Either way I didn't ask what you were doing... Your husb- my bad ex-husband asked me to keep an eye on you... incase your fingers decide to get sticky" I stood up crossing my arms and I stood in the entry way of the living room. I was proud of myself.

"Nice one bitch... look at you all happy because you got what you wanted right?... because of you I'm going to lose my kids and I already lost Gabriel the minute you stepped into this place" She stepped up to me. I straighten my back showing that I wasn't scared of her. If I had to admit it... I was a little bit scared of her.

"Ariel no one was doing shit with him!... you blame everyone else except you for your own damn divorce. Ever since I got here it's been non stop arguing between the both of you. You need to grow the fuck up and get over it. Either way what ever happened between the two of you, it was his decision to leave you... and that had nothing to do with me" I said in her face out of breath. When I finished I saw the vein popping out from her forehead, I was punched in the face and fell back onto the floor landing in the living room. I felt blood coming down sliding down my chin and I stood up quickly wiping the blood with the back of my hand. I jumped on top of her making her fall back, she looked surprised as I sat on top of her.