FORTY TWO

"I never felt so in love before
Just promise baby, you'll love me forever more I swear I'm keepin' you satisfied' Cause you're the one for me"
__________________________

GABRIELA

"Sì, sono appena tornato a casa, lascia che ti chiami più tardi" I sat up placing my phone down hearing Gabriel outside the room. I've been up waiting for hours worried. Gabriel walked in turning on the lights but then dimming them down, I watched as he took off his suit jacket and winced in pain.

(Yes, I just got home, let me call you later)

I stood up grabbing his attention and he smiled as I run towards him wrapping my arms around him. I heard him and groan and I pulled away apologizing profusely, I look at his shoulder seeing the blood seeping through his white button up.

"I'm sorry" Gabriel stayed quiet while I unbuttoned his shirt but he quickly stopped me when I was on the last button.

"Gabriela I'm fine it's just a graze" I glared at him and ripped off the last button. Gabriel sighed and took off the shirt letting me see the huge bruises on his black along with the bullet graze that was still bleeding.

"Let me get the first aid kit" He stopped me before going into the bathroom. His hands grabbed my face and pulled me close so our lips touched. I moaned in his mouth giving into the kiss but I quickly pulled away once I realized what he was doing.

"You're not distracting me... go sit down and I'll get it" I pushed him and he laughed but it was quickly followed by a wince. I went inside the bathroom and grabbed the medical kit in the back of the cabinet, beneath the sink. I walked back to the room seeing him laying on his stomach, letting me see how bad he has it.

"How the hell did this happen? It looks like you got into a fight" I sat down on his butt and took out some ointment.

"Eventually Chase and his men ran out of bullets and decided to jump one of my guys, I jumped in and helped but ended up shooting all of them and Chase, he of course ran away with Ariel like they always do..." I heard the frustration in his voice as I placed a thin layer of the clear ointment on the large bruises.

"This is the second time I let him get away because I was focused on helping my men... I wanted you to get out safe, I don't want to worry about you getting kidnapped again... but fuck he's so annoying" I sighed and put the ointment back. I took out the alcohol that was in the kit and grabbed a white towel cleaning the graze wound, hearing him hiss. I dried the area lightly and then placed an adhesive over it.

"It wasn't your fault... they needed your help, you'll get Chase next time..." He hummed in response as he closed his eyes and I sighed running my hands through his silky hair watching as he fell asleep slowly.

"I love you Gabriela" He muttered half asleep and I felt my body freeze, I slowly removed my hand from his hair and grabbed the kit, tip toeing my way into the bathroom. I walked in the room turning off the lights and placed the duvet over Gabriel, I climbed into bed and sighed feeling all the sleep escape my body. I couldn't stop thinking about what he said.

-

I couldn't sleep last night... he said I love you. How long have we've been dating-it's early for that-do I love him? I do?

I shook my head from the rapid thoughts and continued to scramble the eggs while Jayden did the pancakes. I haven't spoke to Gabriel since last night, I'm scared he might say I love you again and as much as I do lo-