SIXTY ONE

"Remind me why we're taking a break
It's obviously insane
'Cause we both know what we want"
_________________________

GABRIELA

"Hey you've been quiet ever since the Gabriel thing... it's been three days Gaby you sure you don't wanna go out with me and eat? I'll buy you something, a sandwich? chocolate? Even beer?" Dalvin asked and I looked up from my phone just glaring at him.

"Actually can you get me a couple of beers, I've been wanting to drink for a while" He nodded his head and I leaned back against the grey couch staring into my black phone screen. I really can't believe I left Gabriel like that... I'm really fucking stupid, we have a lot going on especially this month. It was Aubrey and Gabriel's birthday the 29th and I'm here...

"I'll have them deliver the beers here then I'll meet up with my girlfriend... I'll be back late don't wait up for me. Also don't drunk call Gabriel... I know you might do that" I sighed annoyed. The front door closed and I face planted on the couch, breathing in and out, turning around looking up at the ceiling. I scroll through Instagram feeling sleepy but my screen turned grey when a call came onto my phone. I picked up quickly without seeing the number and placed it against my ear.

"Hello?" I said slightly annoyed and the person from the other side giggled.

"Hey girly... it's been a long time right?" I recognized Ariel's voice and I sighed rolling my eyes.

"What the fuck? Ariel where are my kids?" She only sighed in response then spoke to someone else.

"Oh your two newborns? I don't know but if you must know I've been going through a crisis, with a missing husband and a missing step-son. Alessandro, I assume you already know since he was or is dating my daughter Aubrey"

"Your husband is missing?" I asked dumbfounded but remembered Gabriel was holding him hostage somewhere.

"So if Chase is missing and Alessandro is too... and your talking me means that Thomas has them" I sighed heavily.

"Wow what a genius... I was sent an address regarding a party being hosted by him. I'm not trying to fight with you right now, I just need to get Chase's kid back even though Chase is probably hiding from Gabriel but I don't care right now" I scratched my head and stayed quiet. I felt the phone vibrate against my cheek.

"I'm sure you're going to tell Gabriel... it's tomorrow at around six... dress nicely and wear a mask since it's a masked party"

"Okay" I hung up the phone quickly and decided to call Gabriel since it was a lot to text him. Or maybe I just wanted a reason to call him just to see how he was doing.

As the phone rang I heard the doorbell ring and I opened the door seeing a man holding the bag of beers. I could hear Gabriel faintly speaking.

"Hold on Gabriel"

"Did my brother pay already?" The guy nodded his head and I handed him a couple of singles as a tip I found in my pocket and handed it to him. I said goodbye and closed the door behind me walking back inside the kitchen placing the beers on the small island.

"How about you call me when you aren't busy... Gabriela I'm working right now" I could tell he was annoyed and I just rolled my eyes.

"Calm down, I ordered something from the store... anyways I got information about the twins" I hear him clearing his voice.

"Ariel called me supposedly Thomas took Irene and Luca along with Chase's son... Alessandro. He's hosting a party tomorrow and were invited" I held the phone with my ear and shoulder as I opened the beer bottle with the opener and took a sip feeling the tangy taste.