Chapter 14

I gasp awake, I cant hear anything, I only see a bright light. Then I remember being in that tank. Am I dead? Did they let me out? So many question are running through my mind that I didnt realize the hand on my shoulder. Then I realize I'm laying down. My eyes widen and I try to move away, but they grab my by both shoulders.

"NO! GET AWAY!" I scream and I kick, throw my arms put.

"Lex! It's ok." I hear a familiar voice say. I look around and I realize I'm not in their lab. I see the Avengers all looking worried. I look to my right to see Clint. He is holding me, and I relax a little bit. Behind him I see Loki. He too looks worried, but I see a hint of sadness.

"Clint" I whisper.

"Yes Lex. It's me. I wont hurt you." He whispers hugging me.

"Clint." I say, and I start to sob.

"Hey, it's ok. We will help you. We will protect you." He says rubbing my back.

"Lex. Can you tell us what happened. Why you didnt say anything to us?" Nat says.

I shake my head not wanting to remember.

"Lex, it's ok." Clint reassures me.

"They....they put drugs. And electrocuted me. And drowned me." I say shaking.

"Hey, its over now. We wont have anything happen to you." Clint says.

"They threatened me, I couldn't say anything. I didnt want to say anything." I say sobbing again.

Nat come and hugs me. "Its ok. We know now. And we will make sure that these bastards pay" she says with venom in her voice.

"Guy i think it is best that we leave her to rest." Bruce says.

"No! Dont leave!" I scream.

"I'll stay here with her. You guys go." Clint says, and everyone nods. Loki though he looks hesitant to leave.

"Clint how did you get me out?" I ask.

"Well Loki told us what was happening, and
Tony put trackers on your glasses. Loki found you, and Hulk smashed the glass to get you out." He explains.

"Loki found me?" I asked.

"Yep. He was pretty worried for you. I was shocked at first, but he is said something that made me think. He said you became his friend, so I had to trust him."

"Can i talk to him?" I ask.

"Sure I'll go get him." He says getting up and going to the door, stepping out. And not a half second later Loki comes in. And I relax.

"Hey." I say.

He gives out a short laugh. "Hey." He says sitting in the chair next to me.

"Thank you." I say, he looks confused. "For telling them, for finding me."

"I'm sorry I told them." He says.

"No it's fine. If you didnt I may be dead right now. Or severally hurt." I say.

"I'm sorry." He says again.

"Loki you have nothing to be sorry for." I say grabbing his hand.

"But I do. I was the reason they were able to get you. I left you alone." He says.

"That is not your fault. So dont blame yourself." I say lightly whacking his head, cause I dont have enough energy for anyhting else.

He let's out a short laugh. And my heart jumped. "I will try."