Chapter 21

Loki POV

It has been a couple hours since the attack. And of course I'm still stuck in my cell. I want to talk to Lexi. Hopefully she was unharmed by the attack. She cant push herself because of the Aether.

I am reading a book when I hear the dungeons door open, and a guard CV comes strolling to my cell. I dont look up from my book. When he stands in front of my cell I look over at him.

"I have come to tell you that the queen is dead." He says.

I nod my head at him, and he leaves.

At that exact moment I feel my world shatter. I get up and everything in my cell shatters to pieces, just like how my life is. My mother was the only one that loved and believed in me. The Lexi came and she is going to die. I've lost everything. I place an illusion around the cell, so then no one can see how hurt I am.

Lexi POV

I decide to go visit Loki. I dont care if I'm not aloud to I want to make sure he is ok.

"M'lady, you cannot enter." A guard says.

"I would like to see some one. Please." I plead and he softens. And nods his head.

He escorts me to Loki's cell, and put something on my wrist so then I could get past the barrier.

I walk past the barrier. And I see Loki.

"Loki." I say and he looks up.

"Lexi." He says.

"Please dont show this illusion to me. I know you are not alright." I say, and he drops his illusion. He looks broken. I walk over to him, and I hold his hand as I bend down.

He looks at me, and I can see the pain he has. All the pain he holds onto.

"Loki, I am so sorry." I say. As I hild his cheek and he closes his eyes. He opens them immediately when he hears me cry.

"Lexi, dont cry." He said holding me.

"I'm so sorry. It's my fault you lost her." I say crying.

"No, it's not. Dont blame yourself."

"If we didnt have the Aether they wouldnt have come, and she would still be here." I argue, and but he just holds me closer. But at some point he touches my arm. And I yelp in pain.

"Lexi?" He asks confused. He looks me over, and I can tell he is looking as t my scars, but then he see the bandage. "What happened?" He asks.

"Malekith, threw a dagger and it landed in my arm." I say. And he looks at me kn shock.

"I'm sorry." He says.

"Loki, I'm the one who is sorry." I say.

"Lexi dont blame yourself." He said, and I nod my head. He looks back down to my arm. "Let me heal it?" He says as a plea.

I was about to answer when guards come and grabbed me. Making me yelp again in pain.

"Alexis Barton. You are to come with us." One of the guards say.

"Hey be careful! She is injured!" Loki yells as they push me out of the cell, and out of the dungeons.

They bring me to a room where Jane is.

"Lexi!" She said.

"Jane, its ok."

Jane and I are stuck in this room, with guards watching our every move. We pass our time by playing chess, or talking about random things. Like my relationship with Loki. Which she finds like I was crazy.