Chapter 73

Clint helps me stand up, and we walk outside.

All of us original Avengers follow. Even Loki since he is one of the original. But I bet he is only coming for me.

I sit at the edge of the dock. My feet in the water. I just look at my hand. The hand that held onto her. I ignore everything. I can only think about what she said. Her smile. Watching her fall. Watching as she hit the ground.

"It can't be undone." Is all I heard. And it came from Clint.

"A everlasting exchange." I whisper, but everyone heard it.

I should have had my mist hold them until I was too far down. Too far down, so the  she couldn't do what she done. Does Clint blame me? Cause I blame myself. I was the one that let her fall to her death.

I should have let go. I should have died with her. I should have.

There are so many things I should, and could have done.

I hear yelling from Clint, and I flinch a little.

I feel Loki stand behind me. And his eyes studying me. I can tell he is going to give me a talk later. Then I would have to tell him everything.

"It was supposed to be me!" Clint says. "But no. Lexi had to stop me." He says, and I flinch. Loki is going to find out anyways. "She jumped. She held us both back and jumped. Of course Natasha knew her weakness and used it. It was either Nat fell. Or they both fell." He says.

I can feel Loki's eyes pierce through my back.

I can't even focus on anything.

"So you are blaming Lexi?" Thor asks.

"No. I am not. I am blaming Nat. I am blaming Thanos. I would not blame my sister. She was willing to do whatever it took. Even give her own life away! Two lives!" He says, and I flinch again.

"Well what's the difference? Nat was willing to give her life. Just like Lexi did." Tony says.

Clint was quiet.

"If Lexi died, would you be any better? I would think you would be worse! Everyone would be. Reindeer Games here would be a wreck! Cause he would have lost a wife, and a child." Tony says.

I focus on my hand. I dip it into the water. Hoping it would come clean. Clean of the feeling of her hand in mine. The feeling of guilt.

"Everyone. Go get rest. Tony make your glove. Call us when it's done. Then we will meet again later." Steve demands. "Clint, Lexi. Take time to rest. Calm down a little." He says. Everyone starts to leave. Even Clint is going to his room. But I just stay sitting there.

I hear footsteps get closer, and I feel someone sit next to me.

I don't have to be a genius to know who it is.

I look up, and my tear stained eyes meets emerald green eyes.

He holds out his arm, and I scoot into his embrace. I am surprised he hasn't said anything yet.

"Lexi. Will you look up? He says softly.

I keep my head down. Until he tilts my face up to look at his.

"Lexi..." He says.

"It's my fault. It's my fault she is dead." I say.

"Lexi it is not your fault." He says sternly.

"It is Loki. I should have kept them frozen longer. I should have held her hand tighter. I should died with her!" I getting up.

"Lexi. Do not say such things!" He says. Spinning me around to meet him. "Stark is right. I would have been a wreck of you did not come back. I would have lost the two most important things in my life. I would know that there would be no way to bring you both back." He says.

I move away from him. "You weren't there, Loki. You didn't see the conflict. Between us. And ourselves! You didn't see the sadness in her eyes as she forced her hand out of mine! You weren't there to see her fall. Watching her hit the ground. You didn't know her like I did! She wasn't you sister! You don't know the guilt I feel! You don't know about its like to live without someone! Knowing they are dead!" I yell at him.

He seems shocked by my outburst. Then glares at me.

"My mother is dead because of me, Lexi. I have to live everyday knowing I killed the one woman who has loved me my entire life. The one woman who cared about me, when no one else did." He says.

"Yes. That's only one person Loki. I have to live with a hundred innocent blood on my hands. I had to live without my loving mother,  stuck with my father who treated me like shit my entire life! I had to live without you for four years! Do you know how hard that was?" I ask.

"Yes!'

"No! You don't. I thought you were dead! That you would never come back!" I yell. I know this isn't how I feel. I know it is my feelings and grieve get the better of me.

"But I'm here now!"

"Yes, but where were you when I needed you. When I was kidnapped? When I was feeling sad! Where were you WHEN I DIED!" I yell at him.

Be seems shocked. Like he couldn't believe his ears.

"I..." He is at a lost of words.

When I turned to walk away, he grabs me and pulls me to him. He holds me tightly.

"I'm sorry. Blóm, I am so sorry." He says.

I cry into his embrace. "I'm sorry Loki. I'm sorry for everything. I didn't mean a word I said. I love you." I say.

He holds me tighter. "I am sorry too, my love. You are grieving. I should have been more considerate." He says rubbing my back. "When Clint said you jumped, I nearly passed out. Just the thought of losing you makes me...break." He says.

"I know." I say, feeling a little more calm. "How was Asgard?" I ask.

He smiles. "Amazing. I talked to 2014 me." He says.

"How did that go?"

"Very well. We talked about you. I told him to not make the same mistakes as I did." He says and I nod.

"You might have saved many years of pain for us." I say, and he laughs.

"Perhaps. I also talked to Mother." He says.

"How did that go?" I ask, I know how much he loves her.

"Well. We talked about you, and my life. She wanted me to tell you that she loves you." He says, and I smile.

"That's nice." I say.

"Are you more calm now?" He asks, and I nod.

"Come. Let's get you a quick nap on before we bring everyone back." He says.

He teleports us to our room and lays me on the bed. I close my eyes, feeling sleep take me.

"I love you my blóm."

Well this was just small sad chapter. I feel like a lot if these chapters are sad. I think my inner depression is coming out. Haha.

Hope you guys liked it.

Love you!♡