Chapter 50

I am not sure how everything changed so quickly. But it did. I knew who came when I felt Loki's emotions. He was afriad. But also determined.

Sadly now half the ship is gone. I helped Valkyrie get as much people away as possible by the shuttles, and she went with. I stayed behind I wanted to help Loki and Thor.

Sadly I am too weak. Fighting people who are much stronger than you is hard. I lay on the ground weak, and in pain. And Loki comes up to me. But he is pulled back.

I am roughly grabbed and I can see Thor. Beside me. Loki looks panicked. That I can see.

"Hear me, and rejoice!" A says. "You have had the privilege, of being saved by th Great Titan. You may think this is suffering. It is salvation. Universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice. Smile. For even in death. You have become children of Thanos."

I am roughly pulled to where Thor is lying, and I still feel his energy so that means he is still alive. But the scary looking man with a golden goblet might change that. For the both of us. Heck maybe all of us.

I look to Loki, and he just stares at me. I can feel his fear, and his worry. But soon I am thrown to the ground. And somebody picks up Thor and drags him away. Not far. But a few feet. I can see that Loki wants to run the me.

"I know what it's like to lose." The man above me says.

I don't even have enough strength to look up. I just lay there staring at the ground.

Lexi. No matter what happens I will not fail you. I hear Loki say in my head.

"To feel so desperately that you're right...yet to fail nonetheless." The man says again, and I can feel his eyes on me. But that changes when he grabs the back of my neck, and lifts me up. And walks me to Loki. Since I know Loki and his energy so well I can feel the fear he has. And if he has fear, it makes me scared.

My beautiful blóm. Do not believe the lies I am going to say. I will have to say. I love you. Never forget that. Don't be scared. I will help you. Loki says in my head again.

Loki. Help me. I'm scared. I think. Hoping he will get it.

I know. But I will help you. Just be patient with me.

The man's hand tightens around the back if my neck. His hand is so big that he grabs my entire neck. And him tightening his grip, is scary. He can easily snap my neck.

"It's frightening. Turns the legs to Jelly." He says again, and I try to break free, but it only makes him grip harder. Which makes me stop. "I ask you, to what end? Dread it, run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now, its here. Or should I say...I am here." He says holding out his left fist.

He pushes me to my knees. And I see Thor on the sidelines trying to find the strength to help me. But he can't. Loki still stares at me, and I can see the wheels in his head turn. Trying to help me get out of this.

"You talk to much." Thor says from where he is lying.

The man continues to hold me by the neck. But he looks at Loki.

"The tesseract. Or her head." He says, and Thor looks panicked. So does Loki.

Loki. Don't. Don't do this. Please. I think to him, and he looks at me. And I can see the shock in his eyes, though his face remains neutral.

No. I will not sacrifice you just to keep the stone. He thinks sternly.

Loki. He can't get the stone. Just let him kill me. I can take it. It will be fine. I think, and he looks at me. I see him nod his head slowly.