Chapter 25

Loki POV

Hmm. Which one was the Captains door. I look between the two door, and down at the box. I look at the note, and realize it's in my hand writing.

I sigh, and turns it into Bartons. I place it down at one of the doors. I hope she gets it.

I enchant this necklace, so then I can always tell if danger is about to happen, or if she is hurt.

I know that this is not the door, it's just that I cant look at her. I want to, but it hurts me everytime. I knock on the door and disappeared. Even though I am still here.

The girl looks down at the package, and looks around. She walks to Lexi's door. And knocks.

I watch cause I know I want to see her. Lexi opens the door, and I can tell something was off. She looks worried. Then woman says something and gives her the package and walk away.

I sigh. And teleport back to Asgard.

Lexi POV

I wake the next morning. And I still feel like something is going to happen.

I spend most of the day doing nothing. And suddenly I hear something. My phone rings, so I ignore the feeling.

"Hey. I'm coming home. I'll be there in a few." Steve says over my phone.

"Ok." I say.

I walk into the apartment looking for anything that could have happened. I really dont like this. I can feel someone's energy. I gasp when I see who it is.

"Nick?" I ask.

I hear Steve talking to someone out in the hall, and run towards the door.

"No, I have someone visiting." Steve says.

He opened the door. And sees me.

"Lexi?" He asks.

"Steve. Get in here." I whisper.

If Nick in here like this I can tell it is for nothing good. Nothing.

Steve and I sneak around the house.

"Steve-" I start but he puts his hand over my mouth.

I roll my eyes, I'm trying to tell him about Nick.

"I dont remember giving you a key."

"Do I need one."

Stev turns on the lights but Nick turns to off. And shows us his phone.

Ears everywhere

Hmm. Not ominous.

"I'm sorry I had to do this, but I had no place else to crash." Nick says, and I still look around. I can feel something is about to happen

SHIELD Compromised

I look at the phone, no surprise there. SHIELD is shady.

"Who else knows about your wife?" I ask.

You and me

"Just... my friends."

Suddenly gunshots are shot and they hit Nick.

"Nick!" I say and help Steve drag him away.

"Dont...trust....anyone." Nick says, and Steve and I look at each other.

The door is knocked down. And Kate comes in. Ah so that's her name. Hmmm. Steve and him look nice together

"Steve!" I scream. As he runs after the assassin.

"Are you alright?" Kate asks.

"Ya I'm fine."

Suddenly I feel an energy. A energy. I should not be feeling right now. I look around the apartment. He is here. I feel him. He is here. I look everywhere but I can't find him. I feel him. Where is he. Then it's gone. The energy is gone.

Loki is gone.

"Are you sure?" She asks.

"Yes. Let's get him to the hospital." I say, as I call Nat.

Steve and I watch as Nick lays there on the bed. Then Nat comes running in.

"Is he going to make it?" She asks.

"I dont know." Steve answers. "Lexi. I need you to go the the vending machine."

"Ok." I say, unsure. He hands me the flash drive, and money. I nod.

I walk out and head to the machine, I stay connected to Nick energy. Hoping that he will be alright.

Then it was gone. I dont feel his energy anymore. Nick is gone. Tears start to form in my eyes. I walk away from the machine.

Death. It happens all the time. All around me.

Steve comes put, and I nod to him.

"Ok. Let's move out." Steve says to the agents. And we all leave.

I leave knowing the flash drive is gone. For now.

A couple days have passed. And I start to get bored. Steve thinks it better for me to stay away from all the shit happening. But I want to help.

I decide to go for a walk. Today is an ok day. I still cant stop thinking about the other night. I swear I felt his energy. But he is dead.

I snap out of my thoughts when I bump into someone.

"I'm sorry." I say. Trying to move around but he grabs me. "Hey let-" I stop short when I see who it is.

"Hello Lexi."

I'm going to stop it here. Hmmm I wonder who it is. Hehehe. Sorry for the short chapter. But I swear this will get better. I am kinda going to be jumping a lot in this one. Because like why not.

Also reminders that there will be lots of time jumps.

Love you♡