Chapter 45

Loki POV

I hate Thor. He just had to show up. Now Lexi is busy planning on escaping. That means she is going to leave. Leave me.

I know I must stay, but I wish she could see how much I need her. I want to go with her. Or have her stay with me, but I know she wants to leave. And I can't go otherwise Thanos will find me.

I project myself to where Thor is. I told Lexi I would talk to him.

My heart breaks just thinking about her.

I appear in a...cell? I think. All I know is that its disgusting.

In front of me is Thor. And he looks depressed. He is saying a prayer for Odin.

"The glorious death." We both say, and Thor turns to look at me. He leans against the wall, and I just watch him.

"Hurts, doesn't it? Being lied to." I say, and he throws a rock at me, which goes through me.

I chuckle. "You didn't think I'd really come and see you, did you? Look at this place. It's disgusting." I say, and he throws another rock.

"Does this mean you don't want my help? Look I couldn't jeopardize my position with the Grandmaster. It took me time to win his trust. He's a lunatic, but he can be amenable." I say, and he throws another.

I sigh. "Look, what I'm telling you is, you could join me at the Grandmasster's side. Perhaps, in time, and accident befalls the Grandmaster, and then...." I say. I mostion to him, then to me. And point my thumbs upward. Thor doesn't do anything except throw a rock at my face. I look at him. He is my  one chance to have Lexi stay. If he stays, then she will.

"You're not seriously thinking of going back, are you?" I ask, and Thor just stares at me.

"Our sister destroyed your hammer, like a piece of glass. She's stronger than nkth of us. She's stronger than you. You don't stand a chance." I say to him, but he continues to just stare. I scoff at him. "Fine." I say. Knowing I lost. I lost him. I lost Lexi. I lost everything in this moment. "I guess I'll just have to go it alone. Like I've always done." I say. I see Thor smile a little. "Would you say something?" I ask.

When he doesn't I get frustrated. This may be the time I ever see or hear him. "Say something!" I shout at him.

"Would would you like me to say?" He asks. "You faked your own death, you stole the throne, left Lexi to suffer for four years, which almost lead to her own death, you stripped Odin of his power, leaving him on earth to die, releasing the goddess of death. Have I said enough or would you like me to go back further than the past two days?" He says bitterly.

"You know, I haven't seen this beloved champion he talks of, but I've heard he is astonishingly savage. I've placed large water against you tomorrow. Don't let me down." Then I disappear, right as he throws a bottle at me.

When I see I'm on the room again, I see Lexi reading, and I smile. She looks up, and sees me.

"How did it go?" She asks, putting the book down, and getting up.

I just go over to her and pull her to me. I just need to feel her. She will soon be gone. And I will be alone.

"Loki?" She asks.

"He doesn't want anything to do with me. And it doesn't matter, you both will leave soon. If he doesn't die, by the champion tomorrow." I say, and she holds me close.

"Loki. Why don't you just come with us. We can protect you." She begs, and I sigh.

"I will not risk Thanos getting to you. I like it here, and so I will stay. Lexi. You need to go. And live your life." I say, and I hear a quiet sob. I look down to see her crying. "Why are you crying blóm?" I ask.

"Because I just got you back. And now I'm saying goodbye. It seems too soon." She says.

I look at her. She is gorgeous. But I see all the pain I have caused her, and I'm still causing her pain. Her beautiful hazel eyes hold sadness. Her chocolate brown hair has gotten really long. Down to her hips. But she is still the beautiful, strong lady I say on the jet for the first time.

"I'm sorry. I won't bring this up anymore." She says.

"It's fine, my blóm. I want to know what you are thinking about." I say, and she smiles.

"Ok, so I need wait until tomorrow, and hopefully that stupid champion won't kill him." She says, and I sigh.

"Why don't you stop worrying about it, for one day."

"Because. I need to make a plan. Since Thor will most likely be busy, trying not to die." She says, and I smile.

"Why don't we just have some fun before everything gets serious?" I ask, and she looks at me.

"Like what?" She asks.

I smile at her. "We could go prank some of the idiots around here." I mention, and she smiles.

"I'd love that." She says getting up, and following him out of the room.

"Then maybe later we can have a different kind of fun." I whisper in her ear, and see her blush and look everywhere except me, making me laugh. "I love you." I say, and she looks at me smiling.

"I love you too, trickster."

Thor is angry at Loki. And soon Lexi will leave. So I think everything is perfect.

Love you!♡