Chapter 71

The next morning. Loki and I are getting ready. This is the biggest mission yet. All those years ago when we fought against Loki seemed like childs play. Now we are fighting the universe. Not just for earth.

When I finished putting on the suit, Loki grabs me. He already had his suit on when I got out of the bathroom. Well armour, but that still counts as a suit.

"Loki." I say, turning around in his arms to then I can face him.

"Lexi." He whispers.

"Loki. Everything will be ok. I'll be careful." I say.

"Just come back to me." He whispers.

"I'll always come back." I say.

He hugs me tightly. I can feel that he is afraid. I don't need to feel his emotions for that.

"Be careful put there too." I say.

He nods. "Always." He says.

I roll my eyes. "Your anything but careful, you idiot." I say and he laughs.

"I'll always come back to you, and I will try to be careful." He says and I smile.

We exit the room heading towards the garage.

Everyone takes there places on the platform, and Steve starts to talk.

"Alright, we have a plan. Six stones. Three teams. One shot." He says, and everyone nods. "Five years ago we lost. All of us. We lost friends. We lost family. We lost a part of ourselves. Today we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams. You know your missions. Get the stones. Get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. That doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win. Whatever it takes." Steve says. And I feel so inspired and pumped.

I stand between Clint and Nat. And across form me is Loki. He is watching me and I give him a beaming smile. Which he returns.

Loki mouths "Come back." To me and I smile.

"I love you." I mouth. In case anything does happen which it won't. But in case something does I want to let him know.

"I love you." He mouths back, and I smile.

"See you in a minute." Nat says smirking.

Then we all fall. Into the fight of our lives.

_______________________

Loki POV

We land in the dungeons of Asgard. Yay.

And of course in front of my cell.

I motion for Thor and Rocket to move, as the sneak past. I roll my eyes.

How did I not see them?

I was about to join them, but I stop. If this won't affect the current future, then why not change a little of this timeline?

I motion them to go ahead. Which they do, and I make my way to my cell.

2014 me looks at me, then looks away. But quickly looks at me again.

"Who are you?" He asks.

I smirk. "Well I am you from the future." I say.

He looks at me. "Why do I not believe you?" He asks.

"Because I wouldnt trust something as stupid as that." I say. He looks shocked and then smiles.

"Well how is the future for us?" He asks. Sitting up, and moving to the edge of the bed.