Chapter 76

The day after the battle Loki and I returned home.

Today has been exactly 3 months since we came home. Loki and I are getting ready.

I think you can tell for what.

I stand in front of the door. Wearing a black dress. I lost two people who are part of my family.

Loki is wearing a all black suit. The same one he wore when we looked for Odin all those years ago. Everything back then seemed just like a dream. This seemed like a dream.

Loki comes up to me, and wraps an arm around me. Rubbing my stomach. Since it's been 3 months. I am now four months pregnant. So I am showing now. He knows I am not taking Nat's and Tony's death well. But he has been supportive. And for that I am grateful.

By the time we finally left. I was ready feeling tired. And wanted to go home.

When we got there. It was like this is really happening. That he was dead.

Tony had a video prepared. In case he died. And I smile. That little jerk.

We watch as he talks. And Loki holds me close.

"I love you 3,000." He says, and I smile.

I watch as Pepper puts the reactor into the lake, and I smile.

Loki holds me, and I leaned against him.

Without Tony. All of this would be gone. Without Nat we never could have brought everyone back.

Without them. The world would still be broken.

Later I stand with Clint and Wanda.

"I wish there was a way, where I could let her know we won." Clint says. And I hold his hand.

"She knows. They both do." Wanda says.

We must look at the river. The three of us. Grieving for the ones we lost.

Later that day. Loki and I get home. He walks into the house holding the door open for me. I walk in. And he shuts the door.

He was about to walk into the living room, but I hold him back.

"What is it, blóm." He asks.

I hug him, and automatically he wraps his arms around me.

"I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too." He says.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For being supportive. For being here. For...everything." I say, feeling emotional.

I can feel his smile. "Always, my love. I will always be here for you. I made a promise when I married you, that I would be here through the good, and the bad." He says, and I smile. "Right now, it's bad. Right now you need time to heal. And I understand. I will be here when you need me." He says his arms tightening. "And in a few months. It will be the best. It will be so good." He says rubbing my stomach.

I smile agaisnt him. I pull away and I look at him. I lean up and kiss him softly.

We are so close to living the perfect life together. Just so close.

Sad chapter. But the next two are happy!