Chapter 22

We are gliding. And I feel kinda creeped out by the landscape of the place.

"Are you alright?" Loki asks. Sitting down next to me.

I smile at him, "Yes. It's just this place isn't the prettiest place. Especially if I'm going to die." I say laughing, but he doesnt laugh.

"Lexi. Dont talk like that. I want you to know that, I am going to do everything in my power to keep you alive." He said. I nod, my head. "Get some rest."

I lay down and close my eyes. I am half asleep when I hear the two brothers start to talk.

"Say goodbye." Loki says.

"Not this day." Thor replied.

"This day, the next, a hundred years, its nothing. It's a heartbeat. You'll never be ready. The only woman whose love you've prized will be snatched from you." Loki says.

"And will that satisfy you?"

"Satisfaction is not in my nature."

"Surrender is not in mine." Thir said. "I feel you are saying this to remind yourself."

I can feel Loki's gave on me, as I try to stay awake to listen.

"You know nothing." He said.

"I know you love her. Yet you only want to see her gone." Thor said.

"No, I dont want her to be gone! It is the opposite. I want her to stay. But you know what? They die. She. Will. Die. You are right I do love her. But at one point she will be gone, and I will never be ready for that." He said, and I can hear the heartbreak in his voice.

"Then why take out your frustrations on me?" Thor asks.

"Because Thor. You will go through the same thing when Jane dies." He replies.

"I feel like there is more." Thor mumbles.

"I dont want to lose her Thor." Loki says in heartbreak.

"You wont." Thor says.

"Yes I will." He says quietly.

After that I decide to sleep.

______

I dont know how long I slept for but we are still on the boat. I see Loki sitting alone so I get up to join him.

"Hey." I say, still sounding tired.

"Hello. How was your nap?" He asked

"Pretty nice. Surprised I slept." I say, and he smiles.

I hold his hand. And the emotion I feel is guilt and regret.

"Lexi. I need to tell you something." He says.

"Ok."

"I love you. With all my heart. And I would never do anything to betray you." He said.

"I love you too Loki. I know you wouldn't hurt me." I say squeezing his hand, and he smiles.

"I love you, you cant even begin how much I love you. But please always remember that I love you. Dont you ever forget it." He said sounding desperate. I find his behavior kind of werid.

"I wont. I promise." I say smiling, and he smiles back.

"Thank you." He says.

"Loki is something worng?" I ask.

"No. Just in case anything happens, I just want you to know that I love you." He says, and his energy is giving me a werid feeling.

"Well of you think something will happen can I tell you something?" I ask, and he looked hesitant.