Chapter 35

A year has past since Ultron. And I have been living at the compound ever since.

Wanda and I have grown really close.

Sam has been a great friend too.

Nat...I can tell she misses Bruce. But doesn't show it much.

Right now Steve and them are on a mission. But I decided to stay home. I just wanted to relax.

Not true. I sprained my leg yesterday. And not in some cool way. I tripped and ended up falling down stairs. Which by the way...its hurts.

Steve said I should stay home even though I wanted to go.

But it's fine. Give me time to watch movies. Catch up on my reading. I still have Wanda's powers so she has helped me do things with them.

I sigh as I sit on the couch. I am BORED!

I get up and limp my way to my kitchen. I cook myself some eggs, and I sit down on my couch again. I get up, and grab a book. I look at the photo of me and Loki and I smile.

Pietro was right. Once I let go of the pain it's gone. For the best year I have never felt better. It was like everything disappeared when I woke up.

I turn on the TV for background noise. And started reading.

What snaps me out is the news report. I look up and see and man talking to Steve. He pulls out a bomb, but Wanda stops him. She lifts him up into the air, and he blew up. Along with half a building.

My jaw drops.

The team returns, and I run, or well wobble myself to Wanda.

She comes up to me and I hug her.

I take her feeling and give her mine, and she calms down. But I feel my anxiety pick up. This is a strong feeling.

She walks away. Towards her room.

I turn to Steve. "Are you ok?" I ask.

He nods.

"Steve I think you need to go talk to her. You didnt feel her emotions. It was bad." I say, and he nods.

"Stay off your leg." He says walking away.

I roll my eyes.

I go back to my room. But to be stopped by Vision.

"Hey Vis." I say.

"You are needed downstairs. Stark is here." He says, and I nod my head.

I walk down, and I see Tony.

"Tony!" I say happily, limping myself to him.

"What did you do to your leg?

"I fell down the stairs." I say, and he laughs. "Stop laughing." I say.

"How are you doing? I mean last year you weren't....stable." He says.

"I'm doing fine. Dying was a wakeup call." I say, and he nods.

I look over. "Oh secretary. I am sorry. I didnt realize you were here." I say shaking his hand.

"That's fine. Its nice to see you." He says.

I smile. "You too." I say smiling.

I sit at the table. And soon everyone else does too. Ross starts talking about nonsense.

He is talking about us being horrible. Then he moves out of the way, to play a video.

"New York." He says, showing footage of the attack.