Chapter 43

Loki POV

"Don't go!" Lexi complains like little kid.

I laugh. "I must. But I'll be back." I say walking over to her.

"Let me come with you then." She says.

"No. Remember the last time you came?" I ask, and she shrinks. I sigh. "I'm sorry. I just don't want you getting hurt."

She nods. "Ok. Just don't have too much fun." She says smiling.

I smile at her. "I love you." I say, then I walk out of the room.

I enter the party, and some girl is already trying to talk to me. I roll my eyes and walk away.

"Loki!" The grandmaster say walking up to me.

I smile. "Good evening."

"Come with me." He says, and I walk with him to the bar, and he orders us drinks.

"So Loki. Two things I must talk to you about."

"Of course."

"You see, I like you Loki, but I don't think you are loyal." He says.

"I am loyal to you grandmaster. I will do anything to prove myself." I say.

He hands me a drink. "Then let's drink together." He says.

I down my drink, and I wince.

"Now the other thing I want to talk to you about is you pretty friend." He says, and I tense up.

"Lexi?" I ask, and he nods.

"You see she...she is beautiful. And not only does she show potential, she is smart." He says, and I down another drink.

"What are you saying?" I ask. Feeling myself get intoxicated already.

"I want her to work on the Comodore." He says, and I choke on my drink.

"What?" I ask.

"I want her to work on my ship. And to... you know. Have fun with her." He says, and I start coughing.

"I don't know." I say, unsure.

"Loki. If you ask her for me, it will help prove your loyalty." He says.

I look unsure. I need to be in favor with the grandmaster, but I don't want to give Lexi up to do it. Not like I would anyways, but if I did, it would help me make a living here.

But Lexi. She doesn't like it here. But I'm safe here, and she will be safe here. Ugh! Why is it so difficult!

I continue to drink, because he keeps giving me them. I don't mind it anymore, because now I'm drinking to help me stop thinking.

Later that night, I am more than intoxicated.

I try to make my way back to the room, but I can barely see straight. Or even walk. I can barely think. Hopefully I can make it back to the room.

Lexi POV

Loki has been gone for a long while.

A knock on the door snaps me out of my worry. I get up and I open it, and I am shocked.

Loki.

I can see he is unstable. So I try to help him. "Og my god Loki, you reek of alcohol." I say, as I smell the strong scent of it.

"Lexi! My blóm!" He exclaims putting his arms around me.

"Loki come on. You are going to bed." I say leading him to the bed.