Chapter 58

Lexi POV

We have been on this ship for so long. I hear Tony saying that this is our last day. That tomorrow we will have no more air.

And I sink onto the ground. Loki I'm sorry.

I close my eyes and I fall into a dark sleep.

Memories of Loki flash through my mind. About Clint and his family.

My life before I met Loki.

Even in sleep my heart aches. Everything hurts.

I won't even get to say goodbye to Loki. I will die by tomorrow, and I will regret everything.

We missed four years of our lives, and now we have to go on longer. Or he will. If he is even alive.

I wake up to a bright light. Oh. I'm dead.

When my eyes adjust. I see that it is a woman.

Crap. An angel. I'm knew I was dead.

Loki POV

We sit in the room. Discussing everyone who us gone. I am nervous. There has been no word of Lexi. Or Stark.

I am not sure she is here. She may has disappeared like everyone else.

I can't....I can't handle it.

I lost her.

I look through the photos of people. Looking for one photo. Then I finally see it.

Lexi.

My heart drops. My heart aches. I get up and I head outside.

No.

I feel myself hot with anger.

I shoot dagger at a nearby tree. Making it explode. I need to let out steam.

My love. I'm sorry.

I failed you.

I never even got to see her. I never got to tell her I loved her. But now she is gone. She is gone.

My love is gone. And to think things could get worse. Nothing could get worse.

I head fall onto the grass, and I cry. I can't hold it in. I just lost my soulmate. And this time I think death can keep us apart.

"Loki." I hear Romanoff say.

I look up at her. And she sits next to me.

"I am sorry." She says.

I nod. I don't think anything is going to help ease the pain from this heart ache.

"Nothing you can do about it." I say. She nods.

"Well. Those photos are people who haven't checked in. So Lexi may be out there." She says, trying to give me hope. Probably trying to keep her own hope.

But I have none. She is gone. Thanos told me.

"No. Before he took the mind stone from vision, Thanos told me she was dead. That I will never see her again." I say.

Romanoff is quiet for a free minutes. "Do you want to stay in her room?" She asks.

I look at her. "Yes." I say. I want to stay near her.

We head back inside, and Natahsa shows me Lexi's room. I think I'll stay here for a while.

I look around and I can't help but smile. It seems...like her. Everything.