Chapter 44

It has been a couple days, and I barely talk to Loki. And he tries his best to make a conversation.

We get ready for one of the grandmasters parties.

I exit the bathroom, and he stares at me.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"To the party." I say obviously.

"No. You're not going." He says sternly.

I look at him. "I can go, if I want to go Loki." I say.

He sighs. "Lexi, we need to talk."

"About what?" I ask.

"About everything." He say, and I roll my eyes.

"There is nothing to talk about Loki." I say.

He holds my arm, and it stops my from moving. I look down at his hand.

"Let go Loki." I say.

"Not until you listen."

I sigh. And I face him.

"Ok." I say, motioning him to go on."

"Lexi, I'm sorry. I never meant what I said a couple days ago. But you have to understand that this place. It protects me. This place, I can hide, and never get found by him and his minions." He says, and I sigh.

"I know Loki, but I can't stay." I say.

"I know." He says, looking down. "Lexi, I do love you. More than anything. And I know I can't make you stay. But I just want you to know that I love you." He says.

I look up at him, and I see the sincerity in his eyes, and I can feel the sadness her has.

"I love you." I whisper, and I hug him.

"Please Lexi, don't go to this party." He says.

"Why?"

"Because I'm protecting you." He says.

"The grandmaster?" I ask.

"How did you know?"

"You might have mentioned something when you were drunk." I say, and he looks at me with wide eyes.

"What exactly did I say."

I smirk at him. "Well you go off saying not to have sex with him." I say, and he looks for shocked. And I laugh. "Then I told you that I wouldn't. Then-" I say but I cut off because I start to laugh.

"What? Then what?"

"Then you said....not to have sex with anyone....and....I was like not even you?.....and you took it....saying.....not even me. Then you...realize what you said, and tried to cover up your mistake." I say laughing through every word.

I look at Loki, and it makes me laugh harder. He looks horrified.

When I am done laughing, tears are coming out of my eyes. I look at him, and he smiles at me.

"What?" I ask.

He says nothing, but he does lean down and presses his lips against mine.

"Gods, I love you my blóm." He says, and I blush.

"Come on." I said leading him to the door.

He stops me and turns me around, kissing me deeply.

"I think we can spare a few moments before we have to leave." He says smirking.

"Loki. Is all this talk made you want to...have sex?" I ask.

He just smiles. I roll my eyes.

"Come on. We should get going." I say, and he makes a sound of protest.