Chapter 29

After I heard the voice, I knew he was gone. For good. I fall to the ground, and I just cry.

Why is it so hard? Why can't I move on?

"Lexi? Are you alright?" I hear Laura ask.

I look at her, and I realize that I will never be like her. I will never be able to get married, or to have a family. I will be alone.

I cry harder, and she hold me close.

"Lexi. What's wrong?"

"I want him back Laura. I cant...I just want him back." I say sobbing into her shoulder.

"I know. This must be very hard for you." She says kindly. "But sometimes all you have to do is let go. Know that he is in a better place now."

I nod my head. I need to get over him. And live my life as best as I can.

__________________

It has been a year since me and Clint moved back into the Tower. Tony and Pepper were excited to see me. Bruce was being Bruce, but I could tell he was happy to have me back.

Since it has been a year, I have moved on from Loki. In fact I havent thought about him in the past eight months. So that is an epic win.

And Nat did set me up with a guy. Obviously he is just my friend. But he really is a nice guy.

"Ms. Lexi. Mr. Freeman is here to see you." Jarvis says.

"Ok tell him I'll be right down." I say getting up from my bed. And walking out of my room.

"Hello Roy." I say walking up to him. Roy Freeman. He is a tall skinny man, with brown hair and blue eyes. Like they are the pretty color blue eyes.

"Lexi! I want to ask you something." He says, staring me in the eyes.

"Ok." I say with a smile.

"Oh. Ok. Um well, I wanted to know if you would join me for dinner sometime. I know you probably are not ready yet, but-"

"Roy. I would love to go to dinner with you. As a date. Not just between friends." I say, and he gives me a smile.

"Great! It will be amazing. I'll see you tomorrow, and I'll pick you up at 6." He says, hugging me quickly before leaving.

I run down to Tony's lab. "Tony!" I scream.

"Yes?" He asks, looking to me.

"I have a date. Tomorrow. Like an actual date." I say, and he smiles.

"Ah. My little girl is all grown up." He says, faking wiping a tear away.

"I never been on a real date before Tony. I need help." I plea.

"Dont worry, Pepper and I will help you. Mostly Pepper. But I will be there for emotional support." He says.

"Man if only Clint was here to see that." I say laughing.

"Ya, where is he anyways." Tony asks.

"He is probably visiting Nat. Or going on an adventure." I say, not telling him about his family.

"Oh. Jarvis. Where is Pep?" Tony asks.

"She is in the kitchen."

"Lexi go to the kitchen and talk to her. She knows more about dating than I do." He says.

"Thanks Tony." I say walking away.

I walk all the way back to the kitchen and I see Pepper making a salad.