Chapter 24

Another six months have passed. So it has been a whole year since that day. But I dont care.

I vowed to never let myself be brought down by his death. Of course I will always love him. But he is gone. No coming back.

"Hey, if Cap doesnt, take care of you while you are over there, I will come and beat his ass." Clint says dropping me off by one of Tony's private jet.

"Ok. I'll be sure to let him know." I say, and I hug him.

I have decided to go visit Nat and Steve who are in Washington D.C. because I am tired of being locked inside the Tower.

After a few hours. We land.

"Hey Lexi." Steve calls as he runs up to me, taking my bags.

"Thanks Steve. I can take them, you dont need to carry my bags." I say.

"Nonsense. What kind of man would I be?" He asks, walking towards a car.

"Well thanks Steve." I say as he puts them in the trunk and gets in the driver's seat.

"It is not problem. I was kinda happy knowing  you were coming to visit me. It has been a long while." He says and I smile.

"Ya. It has. I thought you had a motorcycle?" I ask.

"Oh well since I knew you would have bags. I asked my neighbor to let me borrow her car." He replies.

I smile. "Her?" I ask raising a eyebrow.

"No, dont go getting that look in you eye. She is just a friend." He says.

"Most relationships start that way Steve." I sing, and he laughs.

"You're right, but we are not like that." He says. "Whag about you?" He asks looking over at me.

"Nothing much. Ever since Loki's death I havent really looked for another relationship." I say.

"I'm sorry about him. I heard, and tried to call but Clint said you wouldnt talk to anyone." Steve says.

"Ya, but for the past six months I've been doing a lot better. I feel like I'm back to my normal self." I say.

"You seem like it." He says smiling.

The rest of the way we sat in comfortable silence, until we reached his apartment building.

He helps me carry my bags all the way up to his apartment, and he place then down in a bedroom.

"This is your bedroom.  Mine is across the hall. I think you can figure everything else on your own. Now get some sleep. Its late." He says walking away.

"Thank you!" I call out.

"You're welcome." He says walking into his room.

I close my door and flop down onto my bed. And I immediately felt tired. And soon I fell into a dreamless sleep.

___________

The next morning I wake to the sound of my room door slamming open.

"Wake up Lexi! We are going to go run." Steve says.

"Uuuggggggghh. Steve it's not eve bright outside." I say.

"Yes there is less people. Now get ready we leave in five."

"Steve! Let me sleep!" I whined

"Get ready Lexi." He says. Man I swear he was a mother in another life.

I get to put of sweats and a T-shirt. I never said I was going  to run. But accompany that I will do.

On a short walk, we reach the place where he runs