Chapter 28

I get to the farm in record time. I run up to the porch and knock on the door.

"Lexi!" Laura said when she opened the door.

"Where is he? What happened?" I ask.

"Come in. He is the bedroom resting."

I run upstairs and into the room.

"Lex! Nice to see you." He says, but then he starts coughing.

"Oh my god. Clint what the hell happened." I ask, as i sit next to him.

He has cuts all over him. And bandage around his torso, and one on his arm. He has a black eye, and he won't stop coughing.

"Well. I was on a mission. And it didnt end well. I was lucky I made it out alive." He said, then started coughing again.

"Dont talk idiot. If you died I would have died myself, just to kill you." I say.

"I would wait for you arrival then when I die." He says laughing, which turned into more coughing.

"You are an idiot Clint. You should just stop." I say.

"Ya. I'm thinking about retiring, but I am not sure yet." He says.

"Clint, you have a wife and two amazing children. Maybe you should. You should be a father instead of a soldier." I say.

"And you need to find someone. You cant wait your whole life for a dead man to come back." He said.

I stare at him. I know he is right. I cant wait for him. I know he is dead. So there is no way he will come back.

"You're right. Nat already has a guy picked out for me." I say laughing.

"Of course she does." He says.

"I dont know Clint. It's just that...it would be werid."

"Lexi. I'm not saying you need to move on and get a new guy now. Just dont live to be 95 like Cap and not move forward." Clint said and I laugh.

"Ok. I will think about that. Now you need to rest." I say getting up. 

"Ok." He says grudgingly.

I walk back downstairs to be tackled by two children.

"AUNT LEXI!" They both scream in my ear.

"Hey kids." I say smiling.

"Come play with us!" Cooper says.

"Ok. Ok. I'm coming." I say as the run outside, and I follow.

"Let's play.....tag." Lila says.

"Ok. Who's it." I ask.

"Cooper. Your it!" Lila says, and we both run, as Cooper chases us.

Lili got tagged so I ran from her as she tries to get me.

I got tagged so i started chasing both of them. I got both of them at once tackling them to the ground bu tickles.

"Ahh!" Lila squealed, as she laughed. And Cooper just laughs.

I feel his energy again. I continue to tickle them as I look around. He is right he is  it here, then why do I feel him.

Because of my slight distraction, Cooper and Lila, tackled me and tickled me.

"Haha....stop....hahaha." I say as they tickle me.

All three of us get up after a while, and I still feel his energy, but this time I ignore it.