1

Exhausted, Kim Yena forcefully dragged her feet to walk, eyes aimlessly looking around, feeling disoriented and tired in the city at the dead of night as she made her way back home after a hectic working day- college and part-time job

"Why isn't there anyone?"
She mumbled to herself watching as the streets she passed through were all empty- no trace of any human, contrasting the sight at the day- busy with population.

Her eyes drew down to the watch on her hand.
10:43
"It isn't even that late thought..?"
She was utterly surrounded by the darkness and the bitterly cold breeze hitting her skin- almost like she was in an alternate world.

Her legs screaming in pain from roaming the distances of the city- mentally cursing herself for shifting to the locality which was on the other side of her college and job.

"If it wasn't for the rent I wouldn't have come to this bizarre area" She hugged her jacket close to her body, creating warmth nearly as possible to fight the numbing weather.

Pacing inside the only familiar building, she exhaled out in relief at the cozy atmosphere enclosing her as she made her way to the elevator and pressed the number two.

To her surprise, the entire apartment was way too silent to even believe people lived in there- no lights and no sound- her rhythmic breaths could be evidently heard, cutting in  through the silence.

Standing in front of her apartment door, she slid her hands into her pocket but froze upon feeling the absence of the cold metal against her skin.
Her eyed widened in horror and heart lurched at the thought as she frantically rummaged through her bag- throwing all her things out, hoping to find it. Her mind trying to recollect the last time she had spot it and abruptly came to a stop when realization hit her.

"Shit! I left the key in my locker" She slapped her hands on face, slightly less anxious that at least she hadn't lost it, as she leant against the door, mystified on how to spend the rest of the night.

"What do I do now??" She muttered, turning to her sides to see if she could seek help from her neighbors but to her luck she shifted to this apartment just yesterday and barely spoke to anyone in her neighborhood- except the owner of the apartment that she rented out.

"But I don't know any.. Ah fuck it!" She groaned pushing herself away from the door before dumping all her belongings inside and flung the bag on her back and head back down the apartment.

Making her way to the side of the building- her bedroom window right in her sight above.
She stopped on her tracks, mentally debating with herself if she had to sneak in or not.
Yes, sneak in..

"Not like I have any other choice" She sighed out, wanting to slap herself for being heedless of something so essential.

"But how..?" She spoke to herself while looking around the region for any aid, thankfully she found a wooden ladder laid on the ground with a few empty paint pails surrounding it.

Picking it up from the ground she placed it against the wall- it wasn't high enough to reach the second floor yet considerably close, for her to sneak in through the window.

Getting up on each step, she cautiously moved- scared that she might fall off of it.
"Please don't die, please don't die, please do— AH!"
A scream escaped her lips seeing the dark silhouette not so far away from her, staring right at her and before she knew her leg slipped off the step and she fell on the ground.

"Ouch!" She yelped clutching her sides, eyes shut close feeling the immense pain in her back- which took most of the impact while landing, and she looked up hearing the person speak.

"Should have been two more steps high, probably broken a bone or two"

Heyyy😌
I'm back with a new book ;)

Thoughts??👀