68

"Hey dad"Yena waved at him, approaching her father and he smiled back at her, his smile widening upon seeing Chenle beside her

"Hey dad"
Yena waved at him, approaching her father and he smiled back at her, his smile widening upon seeing Chenle beside her.

"How are you two doing?"
"Great dad"
"You?"
"Good as always"
"Liar"
Yena commented, turning to face Johnny.

"Can I take a look at the recent check up reports?"
"Here"
Johnny handed her the file and she read through the report, a smile forming on her lips.

"Are you serious??"
"Yes sis, dad's ready to take up the surgery"
"I'm so glad, thank you so much Johnny"
"As you should"
Johnny said, shrugging like it was no big thing.

"Shut up I'm serious"
Yena retorted, rolling her eyes.

"If it wasn't for you I don't know what I would've done Johnn—"
"Hey that line was meant for me"
Chenle interjected earning a chuckle from Jonghyuk.

"Nah you ain't beating my brother position"
"Yea I won't cause I'm her boyfriend"
Chenle smiled at Johnny taking the upper hand at their verbal fight, pulling Yena closer by her waist, protectively.

"Jesus! Fine, she's all yours we know"
Johnny sighed out in defeat, pushing the girl closer towards the younger boy.

Just then Chenle's phone rang, mumbling out a 'sorry', he exited the room to answer the call, leaving the three alone as they slipped into a casual conversation.

"Hello?"
"Chenle, bring Yena she needs to sign acknowledging she was a witness and give a statement proving Doyoung as the culprit"
"Hm, ok, I'll be there in a few"
Chenle ended the call, twisting the door knob to their room 127 open.

"Yena we should leave"
Yena gave him a nod, standing up and biding a goodbye to the two and so did he before they exited the hospital.

"Sign in here"
Nodding to Mark, Yena signed as asked to before looking up at Renjun who spoke.

"Make a formal statement, it's being recorded"
Yena gave him a nod, awaiting for him to proceed.

"You acknowledge that Kim Doyoung, a twenty three year old is the culprit behind the death of the victims- Ahn Yimin, Zhong Kai, Min Jiwon, Jeon Yunhee, Kim Chunhwa and Kang Boa"
"Yes, I do"

"And do you agree that you- Kim Yena, a twenty year old, is stating this verdict keeping in mind that the culprit is your own brother?"
"Yes, I do"
"Thank you Ms. Kim"
Renjun ended the recording and stood up, giving her a nod that she was done.

"Where's Chenle?"
Yena asked, searching for the boy but he was no where to be seen inside the room and Jisung shrugged in response.

"You said my weakness is Yena but you were wrong,"
"Yena is my strength, not my weakness"
"Your game is over Kim Doyoung"
Chenle jeered, smirk pulling up on his lips as he watched the man behind the iron bars, slouched onto the floor, helplessly- pleased that the case that he was assigned to four months ago had finally come to an official end.

"You said my weakness is Yena but you were wrong,""Yena is my strength, not my weakness""Your game is over Kim Doyoung"Chenle jeered, smirk pulling up on his lips as he watched the man behind the iron bars, slouched onto the floor, helplessly- ple...

And so is the book coming to an official end🤧😭