7

"What did he say?"Jaemin asked, awaiting his response regarding Mansoo's investigation

"What did he say?"
Jaemin asked, awaiting his response regarding Mansoo's investigation.

"No clues, just the basic information about Minhee"
Chenle replied sitting down on the couch situated at his office.

"Guys!"
The door flung open making all of them turn to face the owner.
"It was a lie- Mansoo was lying. Hear this out!"
He said before making his way to another room and the others followed suit.

"Did you observe anything strange about her in the past few days?"
Mansoo paused for a few seconds before speaking up.
"No, she was perfectly alright"

"His tone got higher though he managed to not stutter. His breath rate got faster when I asked him the question- he tried diverting the topic too"
He said, pointing at the screen that had recorded his pulse and breath rate as he replayed the recording.

"I'm positive he was lying"
He added and the others nodded in agreement.

"Thanks Hyung"
Jeno replied and he gave a nod with a smile on his face.

"Mansoo's probably in danger, we need to safe guard him- he's our only witness as of now"
Chenle said, looking at the others.

"Shift him near your house"
Renjun said, pointing at Jaemin and he nodded taking note of it.

"I found it!"
Donghyuck's voice interrupted them.

"Here's the list of workers"
He handed the sheet of paper to Chenle as he observed the name list.

"What about people who deliver the orders?"
"A lot of part time workers take up that task so they did not maintain any list regarding that"
"Surveillance cameras?"
"There were under service since the last month"
"How unlucky are we even..??"
"Will this case ever get solved?"

"Till when is your shift?"
"Till 9:30 and he wants me inside my house by 10 Miri, that's no way possible. It takes me at least 40 minutes to travel to my locality"
"Then quit that job and get one near your house"
"Believe me or not there barely are any shops open after 9- forget about working there"
"Yena... I pity you babe, you have a lot to take care of at just 19"
"I know—"

Someone harshly bumped onto her shoulders and the phone went crashing on the floor as he walked away with no care in the world.

"Hey Dickhead!"
Yena yelled out- her voice lowly echoing since the street was empty without any trace of people.

The person paused, turning around to face the girl- a man probably in his late twenties.

"Pick that up"
Yena pointed at her phone that was fallen on the ground- most likely already broken cause of the impact.