46

Yena froze hearing those words- her heart blundering as adrenaline rushed through her veins, her mind forcing her to speak out her feelings

Chenle wordlessly looked at the girl, his hand gripping onto hers more desperate in feeble attempts to get her response.

Yena parted her lips open to let out the words she longed to say but his phone ringing interrupted the two and they immediately retracted their hands as she hurried out of the car while he picked up the call.

"What?"
"Jisung got information about Ruby"
"So? You called to say that? Now?"
"Wow boy chill. All I did was inform"

Chenle watched Yena as she made her way inside her apartment earning a sigh of frustration from him.

"I'll come there anyways"
"Why did you have to call Donghyuck?"
"The fuck did I do? Did I interrupt—"
"You did!"
"Bye"
Chenle ended the call, locking his phone before throwing it on the passenger seat.

Chenle breathed out loudly, running a hand through his black hair- frustrated that he could not hear her response.

"Fuck you"
He cursed at the phone, annoyed at Donghyuck before rolling his eyes as he drove back to the station.

"Why didn't you say anything Yena?"
"You're such a coward"
Yena mumbled to herself- her mind endlessly replaying his confession and she mentally cursed herself every time that she simply walked away and did not give her reply.

"Does he think I don't like him now...?"
Yena groaned, slapping her hands on her face, stomping her foot- annoyed.

"What do I do..?"
Yena mumbled to herself as she exited her apartment to head to college and walked towards the familiar black car that was parked near the exit.
Getting seated in, she gave him a nod as he drove off to her college.

"Donghyuck.."
"You don't have to come pick me up from now on"
"Sounds cool but Chenle won't let me"
Yeah chuckled at his words before suppressing her smile at his words.

"I got a new phone, I can contact you if anything"
"I just don't want to be a burden anymore.. okay?"
"Do you even have our numbers?"
Yena shook her head and he sighed out, handing his phone to her.

Yena saved all their seven contacts in her phone, just in case, before placing his phone on the dashboard.

"What did you save his number as? Boyfriend? Love?—"
"Chenle"
"You get an F for your creativity Yena"
"Very nice of you, thanks"
Yena playfully joked earning a laugh from him.

"What happened yesterday?"
"Yesterday what? About meeting my dad—"
"Oho suddenly you're Miss Innocent"
"What?"
"I meant between you and Chenle"
Yena remained silent, unsure if she should say it out to him or not.

"Something happened right? I knew it!"
"Who confessed?"
"What? NO!"
"No, I mean, yes.. what? I don't know"
Donghyuck snorted out a laughter at her words, understanding the meaning behind it.

The rest of the ride was silent as the two listened to the music that played through the radio.

"I'll walk back home alone, okay?"
"If Chenle let's me"
Yena let out a smile at his words before waving at him and walked inside her college campus and he drove back to the station.

Walking straight into Chenle's office, Donghyuck handed his phone to him.
"Stop being angry at me,"
"I ruined your confession yesterday, I know"
Chenle snapped his head towards him, raising a brow, confused.

"Here, your girlfriend's number"
Chenle scoffed at the word 'girlfriend' before snatching the phone from him and saving Yena's number in his phone.

"No 'thanks'? Okay.."
Donghyuck shrugged exiting his cabinet before getting back to work.

Chenle grabbed his phone, pressing onto her contact- fingers inches away from texting her while he mentally debated whether he should text her about his confession or not but nonetheless he did it. 

Yena
Last seen today 8:02 am

"What even?"
He muttered to himself looking at the small heart besides her name but nevertheless a small smile lingered on his lips every time he remembered about the girl.

Yena,
Meet me at the
Ulsan Central Park
at 8.

I'll wait to hear out
your response
about yesterday..

Smiling to himself he locked his phone, placing it on his desk before getting back to work- impatiently waiting for the evening to arrive as he could not help but get himself excited and anxious at the same time about what her reply for his confession would be.

"Class dismissed!"
Yena immediately stood up, flinging her bag on her shoulder as she picked the two books on her desk.

"I can place it in the locker for you"
Hyunjin offered her help and thanking him, she handed her books to him before she and Miri walked out of the building .

"Give me your new number"
"It's the same. I just got the phone changed"
"Oh, okay"
Yena gave her a nod, sliding her hand into her pocket and instantly panicked feeling the absence of her phone.

"Oh shit! My phone!"
"It's a new one. What the fuck?!"
Yena widened her eyes as she frantically searched bag and then she realized it was in her locker.

"I'll go get my—"
"You can take it tomorrow. Nothing much is gonna happen this one evening, come"
Miri dragged the girl out of campus and they head back home in their own ways.

"True though,"
"No one's gonna text you, you loner"
Yena mumbled to herself walking inside her apartment but it went unknown to her that the boy was awaiting her arrival at the suggested place, desperately waiting to receive her answer but she never showed up.

"True though,""No one's gonna text you, you loner"Yena mumbled to herself walking inside her apartment but it went unknown to her that the boy was awaiting her arrival at the suggested place, desperately waiting to receive her answer but she never...

Uff no wrong move Yena😕