11

"Any progress?""It's the same damn thing everyday- no clues"Chenle threw his head back in frustration- running a hand through his hair

"Any progress?"
"It's the same damn thing everyday- no clues"
Chenle threw his head back in frustration- running a hand through his hair.

"Where's Jisung?"
Jaemin asked, looking around as he searched for his presence.

"He refused to come.. I don't know why"
Donghyuck replied, pointing at the cabinet that read 'Park Jisung' on it.

"Is he sick or something?"
"He doesn't look like it thought...?"
"What's wrong?"
"I'll go call hi—"
"We don't need him"
Chenle's words brought them to a stop.

"What?"
"You heard me. We don't need his help"
"What's wrong with you lately?"
Chenle simply shrugged in response to Jaemin's question.

"Did you and Jisung fight?"
"Why do you care?"
"Don't be stupid Chenle"
"And who are you to say that Jeno?"
"You're still the same.."
"So?"
Chenle rolled his eyes, sliding his hands into his pocket- unbothered.

"I'm sick of waiting for you to change"
Jeno walked past the others- bumping onto Chenle's shoulder before slamming the door shut behind him and Jaemin trailed, calling out his name as he followed Jeno.

"You're loosing everyone Hyung,"
Chenle turned around to look at Jisung who was leaning against the door.

"You should realize at least now"
"I don't need him nor you, get lost"
Jisung rolled his eyes, scoffing at his impulsive words and walked away from him- uninterested.

"Chenle stop it"
Renjun placed a hand on his shoulder but Chenle harshly slapped it away before exiting the room.

"Why is he suddenly so rude?"
Donghyuck asked- worried about him friend.

"I want the old Chenle back.."
Mark commented, sighing out in disbelief at the younger's attitude.

"Thank you"
Yena smiled at the customer, sighing out in relief as she watched him leave the cafeteria with his order.

"Unnie!"
Yena turned around at the familiar voice- a smile forming on her lips upon noticing the little girl who ran towards her taking small steps.

"Hey Jaehwa"
Yena picked the four year old, pressing a kiss on her cheeks- watching the girl with glistening eyes as she giggled at the contact.

"Where's Miri?"
Yena asked, searching for her and so did Jae Hwa.

"Boo"
Yena flinched at the sudden voice making Jaehwa laugh along with Miri, as the two gave each other a high five.

"You're worst than a four year old babe"
Miri commented, smacking Yena's arm playfully before taking Jaehwa- Miri's niece- from Yena and placing the girl in her arms.

"We've Mr. Min- the Chief of our Korea law enforcement in here, let's talk to him"
"Sir, what's your word on the recent crimes taking place in Ulsan?"

Those words made everyone in the cafeteria turn their attention to look at the huge screen that displayed the news.

"We have appointed our most reputed officers for taking up this task—"
"But there is no improvement Mr. Min. People living in Ulsan are in danger!"
"We are working on the case. We are taking all the necessary measures for you civilians safety"

"Sir you had been saying the same since the last month!"
"Follow the government rules and do not step out of your houses after 10 pm. Please cooperate, it's our only request"

"That's why he didn't want you out after 10.."
Miri said placing a hand on Yena's shoulder and she nodded, finally understanding the meaning behind Chenle's words.

"Sir, having the killer loose in public is a threat to people—"
"That's it for now, thank you"
"Sir! SIR!"
Mr. Min pushed past the reporters and got seated inside his car as cameras flashed, recording every move of his that was being viewed by the public.

"Unnie what is that?"
Jaehwa asked- her fingers pointing at the screen that displayed a blurred image of Minhee and Mansoo's dead bodies- unclear yet easy to decipher what was behind the mosaic filter- the scene purely contrasting the little girl's pure and innocent self.

"Nothing dear"
Yena stood in front of Miri- blocking Jaehwa's view ahead before switching the television off.

Whispered filled the entire cafeteria and within mere seconds the crowded room turned utterly tranquil- heading back to their homes where they felt safe and protected.

But it was the same home that Yena found perilous and insecure- petrified about the untold that she might have to face in the subsequent.

Drop your thoughts fam, I'm curious😌♥️