18

"Mi can I borrow your phone?""Where's yours?"Miri asked, handing her phone to Yena

"Where's yours?"
Miri asked, handing her phone to Yena.

"Broke"
"Then buy another one"
"I'm broke too"
Miri face palmed herself hearing Yena's words before turning to her side as she placed her books in her locker- giving Yena personal space to converse on the call.

"Hello?"
"Oh hi. This is Kim Yena"
"Yena? This is not your number though?"
"I need to buy a new one, till then I will probably make a call from this number- it's my friend's, Oh Miri"
"It's okay dear, you don't have to keep checking up on me, I'm doing great"

"Don't lie. I'll check for myself then"
"Huh? You're coming here??"
"Yes, but I can only stay for tomorrow"
A low laugh was heard from the other side before the person spoke.

"That's okay Yena, I still am happy to see you"
"Oh I have to go- it's time"
"Okay.. take care, bye"
"You too dear, bye"

Yena handed the phone back to Miri before biding her a goodbye and immediately made her way out of the college campus since she had to catch up with her part time job shift.

"How the heck did you get Minhee's report as well?"
Renjun asked, looking at the information on the sheet.

"Her body wasn't cremated yet"
Nodding, they looked down at the file as all of them read through the report.

"Shit, Yena was right!"
Donghyuck said shocked upon seeing the reason for death and Jisung nudged his arm earning a groan from him before he eyed Chenle.

"Oh..sorry bro"
Donghyuck muttered looking at Jisung who mentally facepalmed himself at his obliviousness.

"So it wasn't the gunshot but poisoning?"
"Yes, Chronic Cyanide poisoning"
Chenle said and they nodded- slightly taken aback that Yena was perfectly right regarding the case.

"She was given with 20 to 40 ppm cyanide over a period of time and later had a seizure cause of the overdose and then she was probably shot to death..?"
"But it's still unknown through what means she was being poisoned"
"The previous two cases also showed the same reports but it was acute cyanide poisoning"
"And what's that?"
"It causes immediate death- no traces of how though"

"What about Mansoo?"
"Nothing- no cyanide was observed when tested"
"So he became the target cause he was a witness and the killer didn't want us to know?"
Chenle gave Mark a nod in response.

"Chunhwa's autopsy report is yet to arrive"
Chenle said and they nodded.

"If we had done this earlier when Yena told us, things would've been solved by now"
Donghyuck said, sighing out.

"She has nothing to do with this case, stop mentioning her"
Chenle said, sending him a low glare before grabbing the file from Renjun and viewing it.

"He hates her you know that right?"
Mark mumbled, smacking Donghyuck's arm.
"Ouch! Fine mom"
He said as he rubbed his arm that was hit making Mark roll his eyes at his words.

"We found a major clue- all we need to know is who is his next target..?"
"But how?"
"I've an idea.."
Jisung stepped forward, suggesting an idea and nodding they immediately began working on it.

A small smile lingering onto Chenle's lips- pleased that they made some progress regarding the case without involving her anymore..

If you're wondering- Chunhwa was the women who died on the day Hyuck and Chenle fought in the hospital..

Anyways,
How we feeling about the case?? 👀