40

"What a boring day

"What a boring day.."
Yena mumbled to herself, sighing out before dragging her feet out of the college building.

Miri's absence at college made a huge difference for the girl cause she was the only friend she had. Though Hyunjin and Taehee did make a few conversations with her from time to time, she still did feel bored cause they barely knew each other.

Aimlessly looking around her eyes set on the familiar black car and the person leaning against it, waving at her upon noticing her and her face brightened up.

Somehow she liked the seven boys' company more than anyone else's at her college- except Miri.

"Oh why so happy? Cause of me?"
"Was I ever happy to see you Donghyuck?"
"Rude"
"Ok ok, sorry sir"
Yena gave him a smile before sitting in the car and he drove down the road.

"Don't get too happy, you've work in a few"
Yena groaned, almost forgetting about her shift, leaning her head on the headrest.

"Life's hard"
She muttered, looking out of the car window- the cool breeze brushed her skin, making her feel at ease.
Dropping the girl at her work place Donghyuck drove back to the station.

"Who's his next target?"
"Me"
"Haha, very funny my god"
Renjun sarcastically commented, rolling his eyes at Jaemin's response earning a scoff from him.

"We've to wait till 28th again right? Cool"
"We won't have to wait this time"
"The killer is gonna think before taking another step now won't he?"
"He won't wait. He'll come out and attempt the next crime on his own"
"How are you so confident?"
Chenle shrugged in response before handing the file that he found in his parents room to the others.

"My parents, Yena's and those four victims are in someway related to the killer,"
"But I'm not sure how"
Chenle said as they read through the file.

"What the hell?!"
"Are you saying that your parents were the reason behind Yena's meeting with an accident?"
"Idiot"
Mark smacked Donghyuck's head for asking such a question to Chenle who gave him a nod in response.

"We've to stay more focused, anything could happen anytime, we don't know"
Everyone nodded in agreement to Mark's words.

"How about you meet Yena's father and talk to him?"
Chenle raised a brow at Jeno's words.

"He might be knowing something, at least he would be of some help"
"Help? I don't think so"
Chenle replied before turning his attention to Donghyuck who spoke.

"What do you mean? You don't want to impress her father?"
"What?"
Chenle let out, perplexed by his question.

"You like Yena don't you?"
"Don't divert the topi—"
"Tell us Chenle!"
Chenle rolled his eyes at Jaemin's words, shrugging his question off his mind.

"What if the killer's target is Yena?"
Chenle stared at Jisung for a few seconds before speaking.

"I'll protect her then"
And those words took the boys by surprise, watching Chenle as he walked inside his cabinet.

"Jeno.."
Renjun began while facing the boy beside him.
"Ready to go bald?"
Jeno clutched his hair, frantically shaking his head in disapproval making everyone burst out laughing at his actions.

"Ready to go bald?"Jeno clutched his hair, frantically shaking his head in disapproval making everyone burst out laughing at his actions

Meanwhile Jaehyun be like: Bald? That's not bad 🤦🏻‍♀️