35

Chenle watched as the girl made her way inside upstairs and he walked straight to the room that had been locked since many years

His hands hovered over the door knob, hesitating to twist it open because he was scared to remember his past- cause the room was filled with euphoric memories that only upset him because now he was not surrounded by his parents love and affection.

He closed his eyes momentarily, exhaling out before making up his mind and twist the knob opening.

The moment he let his eyes wander inside the room, all of his pasts flashed right in front of his eyes- trying to get the thoughts that endlessly haunted him out of his mind, he made his way towards the shelf that had bundles of papers and files stacked.

He intently looked over the names labeled on the side of the file and his eyes stopped onto one of them that had names scratched with another pair of names written above it.

"That's dad's writing.."
Chenle mumbled grabbing the file from the stack and coughed out as he dusted the file cause it was left untouched since years.

"Mission Ruby?"
He read out- confused at the title printed on the cover of the file.

Target : Ruby- mafia gang of seven.

Progress : Two shot to death- spot death.
Three stabbed to death.
Two escaped.

"Who could the two be..?"
Chenle mumbled and flipping through the pages as he took note of the information.

What caught his sight were the information that was added handwritten by his parents onto the sheet of paper.

Kim Jonghyuk and Min Hwayoung- victims of the misfire.

"Misfire?"
Chenle let out, surprised since both his parents were the best trained and experts in getting their missions completed amongst their whole department.

Dated : 28 - 08 - 2012

"28th?"
Chenle furrowed his brows- the day the killer attempts crimes as well as the day Yena mentioned their parents met with an accident.

Min Hwayoung : On spot death
Kim Jonghyuk : Spinal cord injury- Diplegia paralysis (permanent)

Reading the information Chenle felt his breath hitch- the exact same words that Yena had explained about her parents in the interrogation.

His eyes trailed to the end of the paper hoping he was just imagining things.

Mission status : Failed

He shut the file close, stumbling back on his feet, dumbfound- his heart was sent lurching trying to decipher things and put meaning to it as he connected the dots.

Almost instantly, he dashed out of the room, shutting the door close and his eyes met the girl who was in the kitchen having her dinner but stopped mid way seeing the boy who looked horrified.

"What's wrong?"
Yena raised a brow, placing her dish down before standing up to make her way towards him but he shook his head.

"I'm good,"
"Come, have din—"
"Go ahead"
He motioned at her meal before rushing upstairs and to his room.

Yena watched the boy intently, confused but shrugged as she heard the sound of his room door shutting close.

"Is he alright..?"
Yena mumbled to herself before looking at the room from which he had exited.

"Something's with this room..?"
"Whatever"
Yena shrugged, sitting down on the chair before continuing to have her meal, not wanting to interfere in his personal matters.

Chenle leant himself against the door- sliding down before he collapsed onto the ground, purely devastated.

His eyes drifted towards the drawer where the broken watch his parents gifted him for his eighteenth birthday was placed, before those words left his mouth- almost like he did not want to believe the truth.

"Yena's parents met with an accident cause of mine..?"

Tbh this book will probably be much short compared to Eternal Love cause it's Crime au and I can't keep extending the incidents

Tbh this book will probably be much short compared to Eternal Love cause it's Crime au and I can't keep extending the incidents.. uff idk man😞

How do you find the book so far??