54

Yena and Chenle were on the empty field on top of the hill, just the two, lying on their backs as they looked up at the night sky, falling into their own conversation

"Thanks,"
"At least I didn't die after the ride"
Yena said, teasingly and he rolled his eyes at her words earning laugh from her.

"Everything's good but how's the case going on?"
"Not much of a progress lately"
Yena gave a nod and taking the opportunity Chenle slid his hands in between hers, interlacing their fingers and she snapped her head to the side, slightly surprised but soon returned him a smile.

"Remember the first time we met?"
Chenle asked looking up at the sky and she hummed in response.

"I probably made a pretty bad impression, didn't I?"
"No, just never seen a girl sneak in"
Yena let out a small laugh at his words.

"I regretted moving to Ulsan at first but now I don't"
"Cause of Zhong Chenle, I know"
Yena lightly punched his arm at his comment, earning a chuckle from him.

"Actually what did Daesung say on the other day?"
"I told you- information about Ruby"
Yena hummed in response, remembering his words from the other day.

"Are you going to wait till 28th again?"
"Not really.."
Chenle shrugged and she raised a brow, confused.

"So you do know his next target, don't you?"
Chenle remained silent, debating with himself unsure if he wanted to answer her question or not.

"Answer me,"
"Who is it?"
Yena asked, sitting up straight as she looked down at the boy who was lying down quietly.

"Chenle..who is it?"
Yena repeated herself but this time her tone much lower and he looked at the girl, the answer on the edge of slipping out of his mouth but he did not want to reveal because he didn't want the girl to worry about him.

"We don't know yet..?"
Though it sounded more like a question, Yena silently nodded in response not wanting to enquire further.

"Did you ever deal with a case like this one?"
Chenle nodded in response, soon getting into speaking about his cases.

Yena did hear him out at first but she was mid way distracted by him- how ethereal he looked under the moonlight that gleamed down on him, his eyes glistening and the leather jacket of his accentuating his built figure, and she loved how he occasionally ran his hand through his jet black hair- she was entranced by his beauty.

"And that case did end—"
"You're so pretty.."
Yena blurted out and he snapped his head to face her, both their eyes equally wide and she averted her gaze, feeling embarrassed at her own words.

"You were busy staring all along?"
He asked and she shook her head at first but soon gave a small nod, admitting the truth and his lips pulled up into a smile.

"Tell me about yourself. I don't know much about you Yena"
"Me? I'm sensitive as hell, mainly after what happened to my parents. Let's not get into deep talks so, I love dogs over cats, my favorite color is blue, I get bored pretty easily and hate silence—"
Chenle leaned forward to her side, one hand on the ground supporting himself from falling as he tucked a few strands of her hair behind her ear making her pause.

"W-what?"
"Nothing, continue"
Yena remained silent for a few seconds, looking ahead, extremely self conscious but shrugged it off as she continued to speak.

"At college I'm probably known to everyone as a nerd cause I study well and barely have friends but people stopped calling me that after I was a part of the college basketball team, which is annoyingly true"
"Basketball?"
"Yea, why?"
Chenle's eyes trailed over her figure before he looked up at her face as he spoke.

"You're too short for it"
"Idiot"
Yena lowly gasped, smacking his arm and he mumbled out a few 'sorry's' yet she didn't stop.

"No! Just cause you're taller than me doesn't mean you can call me short!"
"Why not?"
"Then even I can defend saying Johnny is taller to you"
"It's between us, don't get your broth—"
"No, admit I'm capable of playing basketball"
"Fine fine, sorry, just—"
Chenle paused speaking upon noticing Yena stop her actions while she stared at something behind him.

"Chenle, chenle I saw someone there!"
"Who?"
"I bet he was watching us all along!"
"Where Yena?"
Chenle sat up straight, alarmed at her words as he looked in the direction where she pointed at only to spot it empty.

"There's no on—"
"No I swear I saw someone- I saw him staring right at us, trust me"
"Wait up here, I'll check"
Chenle stood up, ready to walk away and Yena instantly held onto the hem of his shirt stopping him- worried.

"Careful love"
Nodding, Chenle walked near the tree and searching nearby he found traces of no one and he walked back to where she was at.

"There isn't anyone Yena, it's okay"
"Chenle let's go back home, I don't feel that good"
Agreeing to her words, the two got on the motorcycle driving back home.

"Boss there's a girl with him, his girlfriend I believe.."
"Good, keep observing"
"We can't miss our chance to kill him"
"Yes boss"

""Good, keep observing""We can't miss our chance to kill him""Yes boss"

👀 🍵