41

Yena walked back home by herself, not wanting to disturb the boys cause she felt guilty that she was being a burden to them

She hated how she was dependent on a bunch of strangers- not because she did not know them, they were probably the only ones whom she felt comfortable with after her parents and Johnny but what she hated was that she was a stranger to them.

Wouldn't it be annoying to anyone if a stranger was depending on them for every single thing on a daily basis??

Yena opened the house door- pang of guilt hitting her that she was being a pain to Chenle for living in his house.

She blamed herself for it cause she could have refused to live with him right on that day when Jisung said so but she was too scared that she would probably die in the killer's hands and hence accepted to live with him, cause she felt safe with him.

Chenle walked downstairs and his eyes trailed to the girl who just stepped inside the house.

"You walked alone?"
Yena gave him a small nod, still lost in her thoughts.

"Should've called— oh"
He paused realizing she does not own a phone.

"Use this,"
"Till you buy a new one"
He pulled out his phone from his pocket, handing it to her and she shook her head in disapproval.

"No, thank you"
Chenle raised a brow, confused at her words that sounded like she was talking to a stranger.

"I'm fucking tired"
He mumbled under his breath, running a hand through his hair walking past her towards the kitchen.

And those words made her feel even more guilty and she finally decided to let out her thoughts to him.

"Chenle"
Yena began, unsure of how he would react to her words yet she couldn't help but speak out the words that weighed down her heart with those thoughts.

"I think I should just get back to my own apartment,"
"I don't want be more of a burden than I already am"
Chenle turned to fully face her, sliding his hands in his pocket as he began speaking.

"Who said that?"
"Huh?"
"Who told you were a burden?"
"No one has to. I'm sorry for not refusing it early, I was being stupid"
"I never said you were a burden Yena..?"
"You did not, I know but anyone would be annoyed having a stranger living in their house, right? That's why I—"
"Stranger?"
He interjected and Yena paused, tensed as to where the discussions was heading to.

"Are we just strangers?"
"Y-yes..?"
Yena stuttered, her words sounding more like a question than an answer.

Chenle's eyes lingered onto her eyes, trying to see if she was lying yet she had no signs and he curtly nodded in response.

"Then leave,"
"We're just strangers after all"
He said, before turning around on his heels and head upstairs leaving the girl alone.

Yena did not make a single move, her words struck in her mouth, not knowing how to respond.

Her mind replayed the words he told her when she asked him what she meant to him-
'You mean nothing to me, never will'

But she was confused cause lately his actions had been heavily contrasting his words.
"Do I mean something to him..?"

?"