4

Everyone at the scene diverted their attention to the black car that pulled up near by- awaiting for Chenle and Jisung's arrival

Their eyes widened noticing the girl behind Chenle- unexpected that a girl had shown up at a crime scene.

"Kim Yena"
She gave them a quick bow introducing herself but looked away feeling extremely self conscious since all the four- except Chenle and Jisung, had their eyes glued onto her.

"Why's she here?"
Renjun asked eyeing her from head to toe.

"What happened?"
Chenle stepped forward, diverting the topic and everyone turned their attention back to the house in front.

"You two, search for clues inside"
Chenle said, pointing at Donghyuck and Jeno and the two walked inside the building leaving four outside.

"Song Minhee, twenty three years old. She works as a scientist in a research lab"
Jisung said reading out the information he had about the women as the four gathered closer to view the women who was being carried on the stretcher.

"Stop"
Chenle lift his hand up in the air, stopping the three who carried the girl.
Renjun handed him the gloves which he wore before pulling the white cloth off her face.

Yena shut her eyes close, her fists grasping Chenle's shirt as she hid herself behind him, desperately wanting to unsee the view of the dead women she had just caught sight of.

"I told you it wasn't anything fun"
Chenle rolled his eyes before lightly pushing her hand off his shirt.

Jisung noticed the tensed girl and gave her a small nod reassuringly trying to make her feel better and Yena smiled back at him before stepping beside Chenle, prepared to study the lifeless body ahead of her.

"He was the first to find her dead in her house, Lee Mansoo. Minhee invited him for dinner tonight and by the time he had arrived she was lying dead in the hall"
Jaemin said, pointing at the man who was held by two other officers.

"He's our witness, keep him safe"
Chenle instructed Jaemin and he left with the man who was around his thirties to safe guard him to a better place before the rest drew their eyes down at the lifeless body.

"Guys! All we found were these.."
Donghyuck said as the two exited the house, approaching the others.

Jeno handed Jisung the sealed polyethylene covers that had the things that were littered in her house, which they found dubious.

"She was shot dead.."
Chenle said, pointing at the gun shot on her forehead- streams of dried blood evident her face, hues of blue filling her lips, face and extremities and her body anomaly pale.

"No"
They swung their heads hearing Yena speak.

"Are you stupid?"
Chenle jeered, shaking his head at her idiocity.

"What's your point Yena?"
Jeno asked, waiting for an explanation regarding her thoughts.

"She's literally blue, her body is pale- a drop in body temperature I believe. It surely isn't a death just from a gunshot"
"So? What do you think it is?"
Donghyuck questioned, noticing how she did have a legitimate point.

"She must've been poisoned. They're probably just framing it as a murder caused by the gunshot"
"You could be wrong Yena.."
Renjun shrugged and she nodded.

"I agree. Perform the autopsy and we can figure it out"
Yena said, looking at the others who wide eyed stared back at the girl.

"What?"
She let out, confused as to why they froze upon hearing her words.

"I must say I'm impressed Yena.."
Jeno flashed her a small smile before sharing a look with Jisung who looked equally amazed.

"How do you know all of this?"
Donghyuck asked, eyes still wide open, surprised at her comprehension.

"I'm a forensic science major"
Yena replied, giving him a smile and he nodded in response.

"So? That doesn't make you right"
Chenle retorted and her smile died down at his words.

"Let's go ahead with autopsy, she has a point"
Jisung said earning a glare from Chenle.

"Take the body away"
Chenle instructed the three men and nodding they carried the girl on the stretcher inside their ambulance before they sped off to the hospital to dispose the body in the mortuary for cremation.

"Chenle are you even in your right mi—"
"I know what I'm doing, don't question me"
Chenle interjected Jeno before turning away from the others and walking towards the car.

"We just lost an important clue regarding the case.."
Yena let out, shocked by his impulsive attitude.

"Not our first time Yena. He's self centered, it probably hurt his pride when you proved him wrong, that's why"
Jeno said, sighing out disappointed.

The harsh sound of the car honk, startled Yena making look at the car and their eyes met a furious Chenle who was intently watching ahead as he impatiently awaited their arrival.

"Just go back home"
Donghyuck said, before making their way towards the car.

"But I lost my keys.."
Yena muttered almost inaudible but Jisung heard it, stopping on his way.

"I'm staying at the station tonight anyway, you can join me- you can use my room on the first floor for the night"
Jisung offered for help and she nodded, thanked him for it.

"Jisung— oh he's with Yena"
Renjun said, seeing the two already walking away on the opposite direction.

Chenle cranked his neck to the side, eyes boring holes at the two as he watched them converse while walking alongside each other, heading to the station.

"Kim Yena"
He whispered out, repeating her name as he felt himself seething just by her mere existence- already despising her with burning passion.

"Kim Yena"He whispered out, repeating her name as he felt himself seething just by her mere existence- already despising her with burning passion

How do you like it so far??👀