22

"Chunhwa's reports are—"Chenle paused- his eyes widened by a fraction upon noticing the girl on the floor- her head placed on Mark's lap as he frantically awaited for the girl to regain consciousness

Chenle paused- his eyes widened by a fraction upon noticing the girl on the floor- her head placed on Mark's lap as he frantically awaited for the girl to regain consciousness.

"What happened? Why's she here?"
They snapped their heads towards the voice.

"I don't know Hyung. She came in disoriented and before we could ask anything she passed out"
Jisung said, Chenle's eyes staring down at the girl- something in him pained to see her in that state.

"I'll take her to my room"
Chenle muttered, inaudible, agonized yet hesitantly he reached froward for the girl from Mark's grip- sliding his hands below her as he cautiously picked her up in his own arms before heading upstairs, leaving all the others utterly in shock.

"Did he just- my god"
"I can't believe it either"
"Now I can finally mention Yena!"
"When will you ever grow?"
"Let's go guys"
With that, the others trailed behind Chenle to his room.

"Guys! There's another crime report. Hurry!"
Jeno ended the phone call- Renjun and Jaemin trailed behind him, exiting the station.

"Watch over"
Chenle eyed Mark towards his room, indicating to stay with Yena until he was back and soon left the station.

"Shit she was stabbed!"
"Like Mansoo"
"But she's not a witness, then why?"
Renjun questioned, trying to dig deeper into case.

"I need information about her- everything"
Nodding, Jisung took note of Chenle's words.

Chenle turned to face the people, motioning them to take the women away and they did as asked to.

"Any witness Donghyuck?"
"I'll have to check"
Chenle nodded in response and after getting things cleared up at the crime scene, they head back to the station.

Chenle pushed the door open that lead to his room- fists clenched by his side as he tried to shrug off his fretful thoughts about the girl.

A sigh of relief escaped his lips, seeing the girl conscious as the two drifted their attention towards the rest of them.

"Another crime and no witness"
"It is getting har—"
"We do"
Mark interjected Renjun, confusing them by his words.

"You weren't even there Hyung"
Donghyuck commented and Mark nod his head in acknowledgment.

"Yena..?"
Chenle asked drawing his eyes onto the girl who was seated on the bed, awaiting her response as he was quick to decipher the underlying meaning behind Mark's words.

"She's the witness"
Mark said and they stood frozen- taken aback by his words.

"She's in danger, oh no.."
Chenle eyed Jaemin upon hearing his words before dashing out of the room and Jisung followed suit- worriedly.

"Hyung"
Jisung called out- watching as the elder boy leaned against the wall, as he stared down at his hand that had healed cuts grazing his skin.

"Chenle Hyung.."
Jisung approached closer- his tone much softer as he stood beside him.

"It happened Jisung,"
Chenle paused, exhaling before continuing to speak.

"Exactly what I didn't want to happen- she's in danger, cause of us"
"No Hyung, we can protect her"
Chenle shook his head, pushing himself off the wall, facing the younger.

"And risk her life more? She doesn't belong amongst us—"
"She does, ever since the start she did"
"We can't put her life in danger Jisung, no"
"But we are the only ones who can save her Hyung"
Jisung paused before holding onto Chenle's hand and dragging him along inside the room.

"Yena..."
Jisung called out- eyes flickering to Chenle and back at the girl before continuing to speak.

"You're staying with Chenle Hyung starting today"
And those words took everyone by shock.

"You're staying with Chenle Hyung starting today"And those words took everyone by shock

Thanks Jisung😌✊🏻✊🏻