52

"What were you doing?"

"Just studying and assignment stuff"
"It was boring to be alone at home"

"I would've stayed but—"

"Work, I know. It's okay"
"Back home?"

"No, I'm staying at the station tonight"

"Oh, okay"
"But don't overwork"

"Hmm"

"CONGRATULATIONS YENA!"

Yena laughed hearing Jaemin screaming on the other side.

"YENLE YOU MEAN"

"Yenle?"

"Ship name, cute right?"

Yena smiled hearing Donghyuck's words, mouthing out a 'Yenle' as her cheeks flushed red.

"Jeno's going bald cause of you"

"Me?"

"Shut up Renjun, give my phone back"

"Don't mind them"

"But what's about Jeno?"

"He promised he would go bald if I ever date.."

"Ohh"
"Hey dad's calling"

"Oh ok, bye Yena"

"Bye love"

"Bye what?"

"What?"

"Love?"

"Is that my nickname?"

"No, I mean..it could be..?"
"But you told that didn't you?"

"No"
"You're just hearing things"

"Oh...ok"
"Take care,"

"You too, bye"

"Bye"

Yena ended the call, slapping her hand on her mouth.
"Idiot get yourself together!"
"You were so close"
She shook her head, before calling her father back and they causally conversed.

"You two are cute"
Mark commented and Donghyuck immediately gave a nod in agreement.

"Okay...thanks?"
"You're so boring man, I don't get how she likes you"
Mark lightly smacked Jeno's head at his words earning a laugh from Renjun.

"Hyung,"
"The case? Did you find out anything?"
Jisung asked and the atmosphere in the room suddenly died down.

"The leader, I mean the killer, is the only one we don't know anything about"
"Name?"
"We don't know. No one has ever seen him and who have are all dead"
"So what do we do now?"
Chenle paused, leaning himself on the desk, looking down before making up his mind as he spoke.

"I'm his target"
"I'll have to face him"

"What about the presentation?"
"My house?"
"Yea, okay"
Yena gave Hyunjin a nod as the two and Miri walked alongside each other while they discussed about their assignment since they were grouped together for the physics project.

"When?"
"Tomorrow?"
"Ok. I'll get the info—"
Yena paused mid way, noticing the person leaning against their black car, intently watching towards her direction.

"I'll have to go, bye"
"Ok, bye"
"See you tomorrow"
Nodding, Yena walked towards the familiar black car.

"Hey"
"I told Donghyuck to not come so that doesn't mean you will. It's tiring to drive all the way from Ulsan to here Chenle.."
"It's okay"
Chenle replied, eyes flickering over to the two, focused on the boy, who was exiting the campus and back at Yena.

"Let's go"
Yena said, snapping him out of his trance and he curtly nodded, rounding the car and getting in.

"What's with him?"
Yena mumbled to herself, getting seated in the passenger seat.

The ride back to her part time job restaurant was entirely silent. Even if Yena tried to converse all he did was nod his head or shrug in response.

"I'll ask Mark to pick you up back, he's coming here today"
Chenle said looking at the girl through the lowered window.

"What's wrong Chenle? Why do you look so upset?"
"Did I do something wrong?"
Yena asked concerned by his behavior and Chenle breathed out loudly, guilt simmering in him as he shook his head.

"Nothing Yena"
"Just clear it out. I don't want misunderstandings between us Chenle"
"Really, it's nothing"
Yena sighed out, stomping her foot annoyed that he wasn't opening up, turning around to walk inside the restaurant.

"Yena"
Chenle called out, rushing out of the car and towards her, holding her hand as he stopped her.

"It's just—"
Chenle was about to speak but paused upon seeing the girl's eyes turn glassy.
"Hey you're crying?"
He asked, leaning down closer to the girl and she looked down at the ground, tears pricking her eyes.

"Yena, look up"
Yena shook her head, biting on her lips to stop herself from crying.

"Yena.."
Chenle placed his finger under her chin, making her look up at him and when her eyes met his, guilt washed over him instantly regretting his actions.

"Sorry Yena, really"
He muttered out, softly brushing his thumb to erase her tears and she sniffled, ceasing her cries giving him a small nod.

"I'm just sensitive.. sorry"
Yena said and he shook his head.

"I wasn't thinking right, it's my mistake"
"Sorry love"
Chenle cupped the sides of her face, softly pressing his lips onto her forehead and she broke out into a wide smile at his actions.

"I wasn't thinking right, it's my mistake""Sorry love"Chenle cupped the sides of her face, softly pressing his lips onto her forehead and she broke out into a wide smile at his actions

Yenle development😌✊🏻