39

"Chenle what have you done?"Donghyuck asked, looking down at the killer's dead body

Donghyuck asked, looking down at the killer's dead body.

Chenle's eyes trailed over to take a look at everyone who had arrived and noticing Renjun was absent, he sighed in relief that he was with Yena.

"He isn't the main one,"
"There's another killer??"
"Yes, he's only related to Minhee, Mansoo and Nari"
Chenle shrugged at Jeno's words before walking towards his car.

"Clear that shit"
Chenle pointed at the man lying on the floor and back at Jaemin, who called someone to get his body cleared.

"I knew there were two"
Donghyuck stated, getting inside his car followed by the others.

"What about the other one then?"
Chenle drummed his hands on the steering wheel, before looking at the younger boy who was seated beside him with a smug smile on his face.

"Watch him step into action"
With that, Chenle pressed his feet onto the accelerator, speeding the car down the road.

"You guys leave, I'll pick Yena and get back home"
"Miri then?"
"Nari told she'll stay tonight"
Nodding, Jisung and Mark got down from his car and watched Chenle head towards the hospital.

"That's the first time seeing him care for a girl.. wow"
Mark lowly laughed at Jisung's comment before walking inside the station since they had to work on their respective assigned cases.

Chenle walked towards the familiar room and upon noticing Renjun he walked up to him.
"You can leave"
Nodding, Renjun left the boy alone and made his way back home.

Knocking on the room door, the three diverted their attention towards the boy and Miri gave Yena a light push.
"Go rest babe"
Miri sent her a lazy wink eying the boy and her earning a laugh from Nari who held the sleeping four year old in her arms.

"Stop Mi,"
"Take care"
Yena gave her a smile before walking towards Chenle and trailed behind him silently.

The ride back home was silent until Yena decided to break it.

"I heard about it.."
She began, looking at him who was focused on the road ahead.

"He deserved it for what he did to her,"
"Thank you"
Chenle glanced at the girl for a fraction of second- a small smile on her lips noticeable, before he turned his attention to the front.

"For saving Nari and Mi,"
"Thank you"
Chenle gave her a quick nod, unsure of how to respond- he could feel the girl staring at him making him tighten his grip on the steering wheel, suddenly feeling self conscious.

Parking his car, the two got down and made their way inside the house.
Yena watched him silently walk inside his room upstairs earning a sigh from her.

Yena walked to the kitchen, searching for ingredients so she could cook some food for the two- one thing she learnt cause she had to live alone. Though she was tired and worn out she still forced herself to cook cause she did not like to see him starving himself.

Placing the dishes on the table she walked upstairs to call him for dinner.
She knocked twice on his room door yet got no response, her hands hovering over the door knob- mentally debating whether she should just enter in but again she did not want to intrude on his personal space.

After a few seconds of mulling over it she shrugged her thoughts before twisting the door knob open.

Her eyes trailing over from the flooring to the boy ahead and met his own.

"Oh fuck"
She cursed out- her eyes widened, mouth slightly parted at the sight ahead before she hurriedly shut the door close behind her.

Chenle was in his grey sweatpants, ruffling his wet black hair while making his way from the bathroom to his bed but abruptly stopped seeing the door open and revealed Yena, his eyes equally wide as hers.
But what took her to surprise was he was shirtless.

"What the..."
Yena mumbled to herself- her mind replaying the scene from earlier and she lightly hit her head to get her thoughts off it.

"Shut up, you are god's child Yena, behave"
She mumbled to herself as she turned to face the door, lifting her hand up to knock but before she could the door opened revealing Chenle and she immediately retreated her hand.
This time, thankfully, he was wearing a shirt and she sighed out in relief.

"What?"
"H-huh? Oh.."
Yena stuttered out avoiding his gaze, embarrassed at herself- wanting to dig a hole and bury herself in.

Chenle shrugged upon not hearing a reply, turning on his heels to walk back inside his room but Yena stopped him by calling out his name.

"You haven't had dinner yet right..?"
Chenle looked down at the girl, not giving her a response but Yena understood that he was just stubborn to verbally admit it.

"Dinner's ready"
Yena said before walking down the stairs and he silently trailed behind her.

Sitting down on the chair the two had dinner silently- he was busy on his phone, going through documents while she ate her meal quietly.

But nevertheless she had a smile on her face- though she did not know why he had suddenly changed his behavior towards her yet she was contented that at least she did not hear those rude and heart breaking comments from him anymore.

Chenle shirtless, oh what a sight 👀😏