58

"Chenle

"Chenle.."
Yena called out yet got no response making her more concerned.

"Chenle, is everything okay?"
Yena inched closer to him, tapping on his arm and he turned to look at the girl, quickly placing the phone back in his pocket.
"H-huh?"
"What's wrong?"
Yena asked, cupping the sides of his face and he lightly shook his head, clasping his hand over hers before giving a weak smile.

"I'll drop you back home Yena"
Yena wordlessly nodded realizing something bothered him and the two stood up from the bench, weaving through the crowd and to their car as they drove back home.

Waiting for the signal to turn green, he drummed his fingers on the steering wheel and he grabbed his phone, dialing onto someone's contact while Yena silently watched the outside through the window.

"Hyung?"
"I want all of you at the station, now"
"Hyun—"
"Jisung just do as I say"
"Ok, I'll ask them to come back"
Chenle cut the call, placing his phone on the dashboard as he geared up and sped the car down the road.

"Why here?"
Yena asked, looking at the station and back at him waiting for his reply only to see him getting down the car and rounding it.
Sighing out she got down herself, closing the door behind her and followed the boy inside, listening to him as he spoke.

"Use my room upstairs,"
He handed the room key which she took.
"But why?"
"Yena, you're gonna staying with me from on"
Yena bit on her lip, worried as she stepped closer, holding onto his hand.
"Is everything okay?"
Chenle nodded, lightly giving her hand a squeeze, assuringly.

"Don't ever leave without my consent,"
"Please Yena"
Yena gave him a smile, nodding in agreement.

"It's late, go rest"
Chenle pat her head softly and she smiled at him one last time before making her way upstairs to his room.

Once Yena was out of his sight, he walked inside his office where the rest were awaiting for him.

"Chenle what—"
"Hear this out"
Chenle plugged in his phone to the computer before replaying the call that was recorded and their eyes widened hearing what had happened.

"Shit! That's the killer himself"
Chenle gave a nod to Jaemin in acknowledgment.

"Why did—"
"Donghyuck I need the surveillance footage of the yearly fair at Incheon- between 8:30 to 9:00pm today, now"
Nodding, Donghyuck made his way to his cabinet calling the venue holders of the fair to forward him the camera footage.

"He sounds pretty young, maybe around mid twenties?"
Jeno stated and Jisung took note of the information on the sheet of paper.

"Jaemin have a track on my phone so next time he calls we can trace his location"
Chenle said handing his phone to Jaemin as he sat down on the chair, typing something onto his computer.

"I got it!"
Donghyuck flung the door open, inserting the pen drive onto his computer before clicking the file that he had received open.

"It's the footage since morning. What time did you say?"
"8:30 to 9:00 pm"
Nodding, Donghyuck clicked open the footage and they gathered closer, narrowing their eyes down on the screen looking for any clues.

"There are only two cams, at the entry and exit. Have you seen the killer?"
"No. Isn't there a surveillance camera near the food section?"
"I've to search, one sec"
Donghyuck said, going back to searching for it and Chenle turned to face Mark who was busy intently reading through the file that held Ruby's information.

"Anything?"
Mark shook his head, flipping the page as he read earning a sigh from Chenle.

"Here,"
"There's only one, near the benches"
Donghyuck tapped on Chenle's shoulders earning his attention and they went back to focusing on the screen.

"Oh that's you two"
Renjun pointed at the two who appeared on the screen- walking near the benches, sitting down as they conversed- Yena busy having her cotton candy while Chenle sat beside her.

"And then I got the call.."
"He was watching us and the only angle from which he can clearly view us is here, ahead of us"
Chenle said, pointing at the place opposite to where the two were seated.

"But I don't see anyone suspicious.."
Jisung said, and the footage came to an end earning a sigh from Chenle.

"If he was standing in here, there's no way he could not get captured in the camera- I assume he's very familiar with where the cameras are being placed and he managed to get away without any traces"
Chenle gave a nod to Donghyuck before turning to look at Mark who called out his name.

"Why is he in here?"
"Who?"
"Beomgyu, Choi Beomgyu. He works at my restaurant. Why is he in Ruby's gang?"
Mark furrowed his brows, placing the file down on the table before walking towards Donghyuck.

"Show me the footage at the entry and exit"
Donghyuck merged the two footages in one and Mark intently watched the display searching for something.

"Stop"
Donghyuck paused the video upon hearing Mark.

"Do you see him? That's Beomgyu.."
"He entered after you and in here, he exited right after you two left- he was the one following you"
Mark pointedly at the boy wearing all black, trying to hide his face from the cameras but since Mark was familiar with him, he could easily spot him.

"The killer is him?"
"No, Beomgyu is just 21, also, the voice from the call and his don't match"
"So he wasn't the one who spoke?"
Mark shook his head at Jaemin before looking at Chenle who spoke.

"We don't need this footage anymore"
"Why?"
"The killer wasn't at the sight- Beomgyu was made to spy and maybe he had some camera through which the killer monitored us. There's no point of this anymore"
Chenle said as they nodded in agreement to his words.

"Now what?"
"Beomgyu, we need to catch him- he's our only way to find the killer"

"Now what?""Beomgyu, we need to catch him- he's our only way to find the killer"

Why Beomgyu? Idk🤷‍♀️