38

"What? Did you not file a case—""And? Get called a slut by the society? Not like the officers would take any action against it

"And? Get called a slut by the society? Not like the officers would take any action against it. What do you know? I faced a lot!"
Chenle was taken aback by her sudden outburst of anger and she mumbled out a 'sorry' realizing her words.

"Please if you're here to save me then leave. I would rather die in the killer's hands than suffer all my life"
"What about Jaehwa? Leave her alone and ruin her future too?"
Nari placed her hands on her face as she silently cried hearing his words.

Chenle was just seated there, feeling all awkward cause he never knew what do if someone was crying or how to comfort, especially a stranger- Yena was the first person he had ever approached in the first place. He stepped out of his comfort zone just for the girl.

"Umm.."
Chenle let out, unsure of what to do as he waited for the elder women to calm down by herself.

"Mommy!"
Jaehwa ran towards Nari, hugging her- confused to see her mother crying.

"What's wrong?"
"I'll explain later"
Mark gave him a nod before getting seated beside Chenle.

"Actually.."
"Can we stay in your house today? It's our only chance to catch hold of the killer"
"Even if you can't save me, save my daughter from the killer. I trust you two"
Nari stood up, picking Jaehwa in her arms.

"You two can use that room"
Nari pointed at the empty room before heading inside hers and nodding they head inside while Chenle explained their conversation earlier to Mark.

"Honestly I can't even sleep peacefully cause of that killer"
Mark commented, sighing out as he sat on the bed.

"I can't either.."
Chenle mumbled out but his underlying meaning was about Yena- worried about how the girl was doing.

After getting to know that she had lost her happiness cause of his parents, he wanted to protect the girl, make her feel cared and loved by others- cause he knew how it feels to be alone without their love and affection, experiencing all of that affliction by himself.

"You seem lost in your own thoughts"
Mark said, looking at the younger who was wordlessly staring at the ceiling.

"Dude you should—"
Mark paused upon hearing some noise and Chenle snapped out of his trance upon hearing it himself as well.

"What's th—"
Chenle hushed him before standing up and leaning his ears against the door, trying to concentrate on the sound from the other side.

"Someone's there"
He whispered out and Mark clutched onto his gun, taking his position as he pointed the muzzle at the door.

Chenle swung the door open and it revealed Nari with two dishes of meals in her hands.
"Oh.. sorry"
Mark mumbled out lowering his gun and Chenle rushed out of the room to search the other room cause they clearly heard the sound of someone opening the window.

He opened the door and just as expected, he was right there, the killer.
"Mark!"
Chenle yelled out before striding towards the man who was in all black while he rushed towards the kid, placing his knife against her neck.

"Don't come closer! I'll kill Jaehwa!"
He threatened and Chenle stopped on his tracks, Mark and Nari had also arrived and the sight made her scream.

"Leave my daughter alone!"
The killer scoffed stepping towards the four year old and before he could make a move Chenle snatched the gun from Mark's hands and shot him right at his leg making him collapse onto the ground, yelling in pain as he clutched his leg.

"Kill your own daughter? I don't think you would.."
Chenle held his shirt, making him stand up on his feet as he spoke.

"What are you saying?"
Nari asked, eyes wide in horror.

The killer swung his hand that held the knife towards Chenle's abdomen but he was quick to read his move as he swiftly held onto the killer's hand before snatching the knife from him and placed it right at his neck making him gulp in fear at the close proximity with the sharp metal.

Mark picked up Jaehwa and handed her over to Nari before walking over to the killer and pulled the mask and cap off him and Nari audibly gasped upon recognizing the person.

"Do you know him?"
Mark asked, looking at the elder and she nodded- hands cupping her mouth at loss of words at his sight as her past flashed in front of her eyes.

"It was him, the one who assaulted me that day"
Nari mumbled and hearing that Chenle squint his eyes at the killer- rage flashed in his eyes making the killer gulp at the mere eye contact.

"Your stupid games are over"
Chenle eyed Mark who harshly pinned his hands behind his back before clicking the handcuffs lock.

Chenle gripped onto his shirt tightly as he dragged the elder man along with him, unbothered that he was injured while Mark had called Renjun, informing them about the situation.

Harshly pushing the man onto the ground, he shut his eyes close, hissing out in pain at the impact.

"For what you'd done, you will be hung to death—"
"Nonsense"
Chenle cut in before he looked at the elder women, holding her hand out and placed the gun in her palm.

"Shoot"
Nari widened her eyes in shock as she looked at the gun in her hand and back at Chenle in disbelief.

"Chenle what?"
"You heard me. He has to get what he deserves"
Chenle's eyes flickered to Mark and back at the man who frantically tried to stand up and run away upon hearing his words- outraged at what he had don't to Nari, though he was just a stranger it still raged him that he had raped the women and ruined her life.

"Shoot him dead for all that he put you through"
Chenle said, sliding his hands into his pocket before taking a step back.

Nari held the gun with trembling hands before pointing it towards him.
"Nari please! No!"
"P-please! Jaehwa is our daught-er, please!"

Though her eyes were teary, she was fuming with anger as her past happenings pondered her mind and blinking her tears away she pulled the trigger and the sound of ear piercing gunshot filled the silent streets.

Chenle's lips pulled up into a smirk, satisfied upon seeing the lifeless body of the killer drop right onto the ground.

He deserves it for what he did to Nari 😤😤
Thanks lele✊🏻✊🏻