59

"Yena

"Yena.."
Chenle called out, looking ahead as he drove to her college and she turned to face him, waiting for him to speak.

"Do you know Beomgyu? Choi Beomgyu?"
"Oh yes I do, he works with us. Why?"
"Ever spoke to him?"
"Not really..? Just casual talks, that's kinda rare as well- he's quite introverted and silent so no one usually approaches to initiate a talk, even if they do he barely answers"
Yena said and he nodded, taking note of her words.

Stopping his car near the campus entrance, the girl clicked her seat belt unlock but before she could exit the car, he spoke up stopping her.

"I'll pick you up from now on, wait for me"
"Why?"
Chenle remained silent, averting his gaze from her and she sighed out.

"Fine, I will wait for you,"
"Also you should stop keeping things to yourself love"
Yena ruffled his hair, leaning forward before pressing a kiss on his forehead and his eyes fluttered shut at the contact, lips pulling up into a wide smile.

"Bye"
Yena waved at him before she walked inside the campus and once he made sure she was safely in, he drove back to the station.

"Hello? Mr. Lee?"
"Ah yes it's me Beomgyu"
Mark said, frantically tapping onto Jaemin's shoulder as the boy continuously typed onto his computer, trying to trace Beomgyu's location.

"Ask him to stop before I purposely crash this shit"
Jaemin glared at Mark who was busy trying to keep up a conversation with the younger boy on the other side and laughing to himself, Jeno held onto Mark's hand stopping him from tapping onto Jaemin's shoulder.

"Found it!"
Jaemin said and Mark gave a nod quickly ending the call and they looked at screen that displayed his location.

"Why's he at a factory?"
"Let's go, quick"
Renjun walked towards the interrogation room, grabbing their earpieces and handing it to each as they positioned it and joined the connection through a single call.

"Jaemin stay- if anything we'll need your help the most"
Jaemin remained while the others head out of the station to the traced location where Beomgyu was suppose to be at.

"Jaemin can you hear me?"
"Yes I can, I'm tracking your live location just in case"
"Ok, good"
Chenle pressed his feet onto the accelerator, pacing the car down the road, weaving through cars rushing to their destination.

"Jeno, stay in the car"
Chenle stated and they all got down walking inside the factory while Jeno got seated at the driver's seat- engine still on just so they were on the safer side.

"This is a metal polishing factory, why's he there?"
Jaemin asked, looking at the location that was displayed on the screen.

"Hyung what factory?"
Jisung paused, pressing his earpiece in his ear waiting for him to repeat his words.
"Metal polishing, why?"
Jisung hummed in response turning to look at the other four- Mark, Renjun, Donghyuck and Chenle.

"Don't touch or intentionally smell anything- cyanide contents are extremely high in this place"
Nodding, the rest took note of the younger's words before they made their way inside the factory.

"Guys, Beomgyu is at the manufacturing sector- take a right and straight"
The five boys walked as being instructed by Jaemin through the earpiece while Jeno silently listened to the whole conversation, being seated in the car.

Chenle pulled his sleeve over his palm, pushing the door open and they squint their eyes cautiously entering the dimly lit room.

"Why are the ligh— shit"
Donghyuck's words earned all of their attention, making them turn to look at where he was pointing at.

The lifeless body of the boy lying on the floor caught them off guard and Mark walked closer, taking a closer look at his face, recognizing him instantly.
"It's Beomgyu"

"Did you find him?"
"He's dead Jeno.."
The two who weren't at the sight, nodded in acknowledgment.

Just then Chenle's phone rang and he pulled his phone out his pocket.
"Jaemin track the incoming call"
He mumbled into his earpiece and after hearing Jaemin hum in response, he accepted the call turning on the call in speaker mode.

"Well I didn't expect you to find Beomgyu that quick,"
"Good Mr. Zhong"
Chenle remained silent- his fingers twitching as he clenched them, knuckles turning white at the impact and he gritted his teeth, infuriated.

"But know you can't outsmart my moves young man"
"Ask your friend to stop tracking, you can't find me any sooner officer"
A laugh was heard on the other side before the call was ended.

"Jaemin did you track??"
"No, Renjun- he's using an internet call, the IP is getting updated and revised every second. It's impossible for me to trace his location"
Jaemin said and they sighed out in defeat.

"Hyung I need the forensic reports of Beomgyu- DNA traces might be of some clue"
Chenle instructed and nodding, Mark proceeded to ask the forensic department to arrive at the location for collecting the sample.

"I'm surprised he's getting to know everything we do.."
"He's watching every move of ours. He isn't planning ahead of us, he's simply putting our plans into action faster than us- but how is again a question"
Chenle said, running a hand through his hair in frustration.

"Smart one he is.."
"Saving the best for last"

Yooo the book's gonna end soon :((