16

9:58

9:58

Yena was on her way back home- the road already empty since it was soon turning 10 pm and no one dared to step out of their houses.

Looking around aimlessly, her eyes caught sight of someone.
"Wow, thought I was the only rebel.."
Yena mumbled to herself as she narrowed her eyes on the figure and was surprised to find out who it was- Chenle.

"Does he know I take this new way back home?"
"Is he here to nag about 'after 10' shit?"
"Jokes on you, I am early tsk"
Yena scoffed with a proud grin on her face as she looked down at her watch-
10:02

"Shit!"
Cursing herself, she looked down trying to avoid his gaze as she walked ahead.

Yena was thinking of some excuse in her mind and just then he walked past her- not caring about her presence.

"Did he just ignore me?"
Yena turned around in disbelief and when her eyes caught sight of his clenched fist that had blood streaming down his hand, she paused.

Her thoughts conflicting her feelings in her heart.
"Should I go or not??"
Yena muttered to herself- debating what she wanted to do.
"Fuck it"

"Hey!"
Yena called out and he stopped on his tracks, she ran towards him- now, standing beside him.

"You are hurt, let me—"
"Leave"
"But you are—
"Leave before I loose my patience"
"Don't be stupid"
Yena clasped onto his hand, ignoring his words.

"Shut up!"
He harshly yanked his hand out of her grip and she flinched at his tone.

"I- I was j-just.."
Yena let out- her words struck at her mouth upon seeing him outraged to this extent for the first time.

Chenle noticed how she took a step back from him in dread- he shut his eyes close breathing out as he calmed himself from hurting her anymore with the words that escaped his lips without his own acknowledgment.

"I don't need your help"
"But y-you are hurt"
"I don't repeat myself, go away"

"I know you hate me but don't hurt yourself just cause you are angry at me"
Chenle remained silent upon hearing her words-

'All you know is to hurt people who care about you'

"Do you care about me?"
Without realizing those words left his mouth.

Yena froze at his question- her heart blundering in her chest when her eyes met his and she panicked he could hear her heart pounding.

"I don't know.."
Yena mumbled under her breath, inaudible to him and her mother's words flashed her mind-

'When one forgives, two are healed- love everyone around you sweetheart'

"Let me,"
Yena spoke, mustering her courage as she looked up at him.
"Help you"
She clasped onto his other hand, dragging him along with her inside the apartment and to her surprise he did not fight back this time, silently letting the girl drag him with her.

Clicking the door open, she guided him to get seated on the couch while she went inside her bedroom to grab the first aid box.

Crouching down in front of him- cautiously holding onto his bruised hand laced with blood.
"Tell me if it hurts"
Yena said, as she dabbed the cotton- swabbing the dried blood that grazed his skin away.

"It hurts"
He let out and Yena paused- eyes wide as she instantly retracted her hand from his.

"Sorry"
She mumbled out an apology continuing to treat his wounds with gentle hands but it went unnoticed by her that the hurt he mentioned about was what he felt in his heart and not his hand.

"It will heal soon"
Yena said, wrapping the bandage around his palm before standing up and looking at him only to see him already staring at her.

"I hope it does.."
The underlying intention behind his words went uncovered by her and she remained confused.

Just then his phone rang, snapping them out of their trance.
"Yes"
"No, don't"
"I'm coming in a few"
With that he slid the phone inside his pocket walking towards the door and Yena grabbed the first aid box to place it back in the shelf.

Chenle's hands held onto the door knob- hesitating whether he should say it or not.
But nevertheless his hand went clasping onto hers making her turn around and face him- eyes wide as she was pulled closer to him all of a sudden.

"Thanks.. Yena"
Chenle let out, his eyes glancing between her own- the word 'thanks' feeling foreign to him and Yena gave him a small nod subconsciously- her eyes still wide open upon hearing him.

"You're,"
Chenle let go off her hand before turning on his heels and exited her house.
"Welcome"

Yena was still in shock- her mouth parted as her mind kept replaying his words.
"Did he just call me Yena?"
She let out, placing a hand on her heart that skipped faster than she thought upon hearing her name being called out by him for the first time ever.

"Did he just call me Yena?"She let out, placing a hand on her heart that skipped faster than she thought upon hearing her name being called out by him for the first time ever

Character development
We stan😌✊🏻