33

Yena clenched her fists in feeble attempts to stop her hands from quivering, breath hitching as she recalled the day she felt her whole world crumble- feeling wretched as she thought of the loss she had to face in her life, lamenting over her past...

Yena clenched her fists in feeble attempts to stop her hands from quivering, breath hitching as she recalled the day she felt her whole world crumble- feeling wretched as she thought of the loss she had to face in her life, lamenting over her past, pervading her mind. 

"My mother could not m-make it.."
"Dad survived out with a spinal cord injury- he's suffering from Deplegia Paralysis ever since then.."

"Sorry to hear that.."
Yena looked down not wanting to face anyone at the moment- lost in her own world of agony and misery.

"Thank you Kim Yena for your cooperation"

Mark eyed Jaemin giving him a nod and he immediately shut the recorder and camera off, ending the interrogation and all of them rushed towards the room- concerned about the girl.

Yena could hold the heartbreak no longer and after pulling the device off her finger, she fell to the floor in a disheveled heap as her grief poured out in a flood of uncontrollable tears.

"Yena..."
"It's okay,"
"Don't cry"
Mark crouched down next to the girl- his hand around her shoulder as he tried to comfort her trying to calm the girl down but she showed no signs of feeling better any sooner- weeping as she sobbed into her hands that covered her face.

Donghyuck glanced at Chenle to notice his reaction at Mark's actions and just as he expected he was raged to see the scene in front.

Chenle clenched his fists by his side- seething at his own self that the girl was being comforted by someone else and not him, his heart lurching that he failed to comfort her and she was leaning onto someone that was not him.

"Oh no"
Donghyuck walked over to Mark to drag the boy away from the girl but it was too late.

Chenle swung the door open before striding out making the door slam shut behind him.

Yena flinched at the sound- her eyes searching for his presence in the room but seeing no sign of the boy she realized it was he who left the room.

Hurriedly standing up she ran out of the room, frantically searching for the boy.

"Chenle!"
Yena yelled out, darting towards him before holding onto his hand to stop him.

"What?"
He let out- his tone deep and raspy as emotions struck at his throat and it went unknown to himself that he had already began to fall for the girl.

Yena wiped her tears with the back of her hand, inhaling more air as she calmed herself down before looking up at the boy.

"Take me home"
Chenle harshly sighed out at her words before drawing his eyes down on the girl and his eyes squint- her torment flashing in his own eyes for a split second upon seeing the girl devastated.

"Please Chenle,"
"T-Take me home"
Yena sniffled ceasing her sobs, biting on her lower lip as her eyes glanced in between his own.

Chenle wordlessly gazed at the girl before humming in response, giving her a small nod as he slid his hands down to hold hers- gently, before making the girl walk alongside him towards his car- her lips curled up into a small yet weak smile, contended that he had accepted her request for the first time ever.

Oh what a sight to see Chenle's character develop to these heights😌✊🏻✊🏻