Chapter Four

Tatiana

Sound of a kid running around the house woke me up from my sweet slumber. I frown when I look around pero ang mga memorya sa nangyare last night assured me na I'm alright. I was about to get up when I noticed that there's a leg just above my hip and my arms were wrapped around a small human.

  “Oh shit, sorry,” I muttered under my breath and stood up as fast as I can, causing for the girl beside me to wake up.

  She rubbed her eyes a little before slumping back to her pillow. Just like that, she's back into her deep slumber again.

  I guess she's not a morning person.

  “Oh, gising ka na pala. Upo ka na roon at kakain muna tayo bago ka ihatid ng tito mo. ”

  I smile at the sweet sound of the woman cooking in the kitchen, auntie or tita daw ang itawag ko sa kanya. She is pretty nice and cool, far from the other mothers I've met who usually are snobby and mean when talking to others.

  “Thank you, tita, I'll go to the cr po muna, ” I said and excused myself to their bathroom. I roam my eyes around their house on the way, now having the chance to stare at the place. Their house is very different from mine. I grew up having expensive tiled floor, decorated walls with paintings from my father's favorite artists, vases that ranges from thousands to millions in worth, and household appliances that doesn't really have a use but are displayed all around the vast space. Despite all that fancy things, I can't help but feel envy at their house. Well, it's not just a house. It's a home. It's not that big, but each of them are happy to be around here. While me, on the other hand, had to live alone in that spacious house with nothing but an emptying silence that greets me and fills me whenever I'm around there.

  It's just the three of us living in that gigantic mansion, but now it's almost as if it's haunted. By memories that hurts me whenever I think about it. What's the use of all those things when everything seems to be falling into pieces.

  I sigh and let the cold water splash my face. After doing my morning pee routine, I walked outside. They are all seated at the table, all waiting for me which made me blush. They should've started eating instead of waiting for me.

  “Pwede ka umupo, Tatiana. Hindi nangangain ng pwet ang upuan namin,” said Lyrie, na gising na gising na now. She is drinking something from a mug, maybe a coffee?

  Tito shook his head at Lyrie. “Baliw ka talagang bata ka.” Then he turned to me naman and said, “Upo na, iha.” 

  I nodded and took a seat beside Lyrie, it's the only empty chair left. The table is pretty big, their family too. Lyrie got four more siblings and her grandma, who's busy sipping on her coffee, not minding the world.

  “Ate, asan na ba yung binilin ko sa'yo?” asked her sister.

  Lyrie shrugged and continued on sipping her drink, she was not eating anything except for the bread in front of her. I can't believe that she got the audacity to not eat the meal her mom cooked. It taste so good and she's not eating it? This girl must be crazy.

  “Sorry, baka next week ko pa mabili kasi kulang pa yung ya' know. Hindi rin kasi ako naswe-sweldohan pa, ” Lyrie responded, still munching on the bread.