Chapter Twenty

Tatiana

It's been a day since I last saw Lyrie and I decided not to bother her by texting because she said that she'll text me first if she arrives na. I don't want to appear like I want all of her time rin.

  At dahil summer na, I have lots of time to waste now. Today, I drove to my cousin's house to meet her because I was told that her parents are out. I've been avoiding tita rin kasi, her mother. I know if she sees me, she's going to pester me non stop about mending things with my mom.

  Malayo pa lang ako ay nakita ko na ang malapad niyang ngiti. “Annie!” I yelled out her name.

  I can't help but feel happy seeing her, it's been weeks since we bonded and I know she's going to get mad if I make it a month kaya mabuti nalang wala ang parents niya ngayon.

  “Ate Ana!” She ran up to me, and hugged me tightly.

  “Where have you been? I haven't saw you since last three hundred ninety-two hours,” she said, breaking our hug.

  “I'm sorry, baby. I have to finish all my school works kasi, you know ate is gonna graduate soon. ”

  I gestured her yaya to ride at the back as I help Annie in the front, beside me.

  “Oh. I remember. Did you know mommy and daddy has been talking about your mommy? They also mentioned that they want to talk to you,” she said it as if she didn't care that it's suppose to be a secret. Oh, Annie.

  “I'll talk to them later, baby. For now, let's go and play. ”

  She nods and I smile, taking out my phone to snap pics of the both of us to add into my story.

  She poked my leg, making me turn to look down at her. “Yes, Annie?”

  “Ate Ana, can I borrow your phone?”

  I nodded and passed it to her.

  “I remember your password is 05230801.”

  I gave her a smile, indicating a yes, and she typed it without asking anything anymore.

  “Hey, kanina pa ba umalis sina tita? ” I asked the girl at the back, who's busy watching her alaga.

  “Opo, ma'am. Mamayang gabi pa daw ang uwi nila. ”

  I nodded and focused more on driving. When we reached her favorite play ground, she quickly gave me my phone and smiled at the sight of her favorite place. The way she smiled at everything around her made my heart leap in happiness.

  She impatiently tug my shirt, begging. “Ate! Ate! Faster! Faster!”

  Her yaya got out and helped her with her seatbelt as I checked my phone first.

  Lyrie: Hi! Kakarating lang namin. Sorry ngayon lang nakapagtext. Kumusta ka?

Tatiana:I'm fine. You? Are you not hilo na ba? Take care, I'm with Annie now. Ttyl.

  After pressing 'sent' I decided to leave it in the car. I walk inside, seeing all the kids running around, having the time of their lives. I quickly spotted my cousin, who's holding out a notebook.

  “Ate Ana! If the number is 010622, how many times do you think I can re-arrange it?”

  I sat beside her, as she draw something in her notebook.