Chapter Eight

Tatiana

I enjoyed spending time with Lyrie even if she cracks lame jokes. She listened to my rants without interrupting me. Her presence made me feel comforted.

  It's Wednesday now, it's been three days since we last hang out and even if I don't like to admit it, I can't hide the fact that I miss her. Is it weird?

  “Let's go shopping after class,” Debby said.

  I am not in the mood to go out right now, but because I have no where to go and I don't want to go home early, I'll just come.

  Staying home, alone, stresses me out.

  “Sure, how about the mall?” The two nodded at me and I bid my goodbye because I have a class to attend.

   It was 4 PM when my last class ended. I am now waiting at the school's parking lot for Debby and Sasha to come. They both texted me na on the way na daw sila. I was staring at my phone, tempted to message Lyrie if she wants to hang out too. Gusto ko kasi siya ipakilala sa dalawa kong kaibigan. I'm sure they'll like her.

  “Hey! Kanina ka pa ba nag wait? ” I turn to look at Debby, who's waving her hands at me.

  “Not really, I just got here mga 3 minutes ago, ” I replied, putting my phone back inside my bag.

  In the end, I didn't messaged Lyrie. I don't know, I am too afraid of asking her to go and hang out. Baka kasi she's busy or something.

  “Sasha told me na mauna nalang daw tayo sa mall. She's going to meet us there nalang. She said dadaan siya sa coffee shop nila dahil may inutos si Tita. ”

  I nodded at sumakay na sa kotse ko. Debby did the same thing and we both drove to the mall.

  It was packed, as usual. Maraming students ang nag-hahang out dito after class. Debby and I decided to shop for new clothes and some jewelry. Isang oras na kami nag papaikot-ikot, marami na rin ang nabili namin but there's still no sign of Sasha. We decided to go to her family's coffee shop, which is 10 mins drive lang naman from here, to pick her up.

  “Are you sure she's here?”

  Debby nodded as we both entered the coffee shop. It's one of the best hang out spot here, aside from it's homey vibe, the coffee here taste good din.

  “Let's order tapos ask if she's here ba.?”

  “Hi, ma'am! May I know your order?” asked the girl in the counter.

  “One black coffee with no sugar please, and my friend will have a white coffee. ”

   The girl listed it and I handed her my card. I love black coffee, it taste good, which Debby disagree with. Both Debby and Sasha lang ang may ayaw sa amin non.

   Inabot niya na ulit ang card ko. “Here's your card, ma'am. Your coffees will be served at your table, have a nice da-” she was cut off by Shasha.

   “Hey! I told you to meet me at the mall, what are you doing here? ” The girl who was cut off looked at us confused, but I just ignored her and asked Sasha to come and sit with us.

   “We've been waiting for an hour but you never showed up, that's why we're here!” Debby exclaimed, and I just nod.

   “Okay, sorry. I got too busy looking for the files my mom asked me to bring. ” She let out a sigh and we just shrug.

   “Here's your coffee-” I turn to look at the familiar voice and saw the person I've been wanting to talk to.

   “Lyrie!” They were surprised at my sudden enthusiasm. Kahit ako nga din nagulat.

   “You know her?” asked Sasha.

   “Yeah, she's the girl I was talking about.”

   “You're the infamous girl my friend can't stop blabbing about. I'm Debby, Tatiana's friend. ” My face redden at Debby's comment, while Lyrie looks confused.

   “Uhh, uhmm... Ako si Lyrie, nice to meet you.” Sasha was just staring at her while Debby is smiling widely.

   “Sorry about Debby, she's always hype. Nice seeing you again, Lyrie.” I acted cool, and not bothered with seeing her. I don't want her to notice more.

   “Same here, Tatiana. Babalik na muna ako sa trabaho. Nice to meet you again, Debby.” Ngumiti siya kay Debby at Sasha. “Ma'am.” Tumango naman si Sasha, at ngumiti ulit siya sa akin. She walked back to the counter, not sparing us a glance.

  “You looked flushed Tatiana. ” I glare at Debby, who dropped the comment.

  “I'm surprised. Dito pala siya nag wo-work. She's one of the nice employee we have, ” Sasha said, looking back at where Lyrie is.

  “I didn't know she works here. You should raise her pay, she's great at handling costumers I bet. ”

  Sasha laugh at me, while Debby is busy scrolling down her phone.

  “That's not how it works, rich girl. It depends on the time they work. ”

  I looked over again at Lyrie, to see her serving another table. She looks cute, conversing with old people like she's genuinely interested in what they are saying.

  “Stop staring like a freak. Kung hindi ka lang straight like a pole, iniisip kong crush mo siya. ”

  Nagulat naman ako sa sinabi ni Sasha, I vigorously shook my head, not wanting the thought to come up on their minds.

  “Shut up Shash, she's my friend. I don't like her in that way, and I will not like her in that way. Never ever. ”

Sasha just laughed at me and smirked after. “I'm surprised you are calling her a friend na. You didn't call Nessa, the girl we last hanged out with a friend kahit matagal na kayong magkakilala.”

  Ngumuwi ako. “Because that girl is a real bitch.”

  She laughed again, her eyes shifting back to where Lyrie is. “Yeah, same kayo. Anyway, ako if I'm not straight, I'll consider dating her,” Shasa blurted out and I choked the coffee I was drinking.

  Debby pats my back softly, laughing at my reaction. “That's alright, Tati. I'm not straight too, but I'd totally date Lyrie if she's free.”

   “Shut up!”

   “What? I was just saying. It's not like I'm gonna do it,” replied Sasha, while Debby is back at her phone na naman.

   “You two better not.” I don't care if it sounded like a threat. The thought of Shasha or Debby and Lyrie dating boils my blood. I don't even know why I'm feeling this, all I know is that I hate what they are thinking. Date Lyrie? Gosh!